MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

PLEASE READ - Site rules regarding Profile and other pics

PLEASE READ - Site rules regarding Profile and other pics - Forums [Biker Match] PLEASE READ - Site rules regarding Profile and other pics - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

PLEASE READ - Site rules regarding Profile and other pics

Really not sure why but we seem to be having a mad month or 2 of folks changing their main profile picture to a plethora of weird and wonderful things on a daily / weekly basis. As much as it is probably done in the heat of the moment so to speak, just for a laugh, not sure whether folks are aware that everytime you alter your profile whether its your pic or info, it goes into a list for the Mods to check, along with all new profiles as well. As you can imagine this can lead to a very long list. So pretty please can you stop, Mods give their time freely to keep the site running as smoothly as possible, and as those who know me are aware i like a wind up and a giggle as much as the next person (sometimes more!!!). And just so you cant say you didn't know lol here is a copy of the site rules with regard to pictures :) Profile photos must be in accordance with the following rules. Failure to cooperate will result in your photos being remove or your account deleted... Your "Main Profile Photo" must show your face clearly. If you are using a picture which has your partner in it also, please make it clear which one is you, as some site names do not give a clue to gender. It should also be as recent as possible. Miscellaneous photos such as bikes, cars, kitchens, fish, sheep(!), etc can be uploaded in addition to your Main Pic. We have no problem with you uploading jokes which add humour to the site... but your main pic has to show your face clearly. Photos solely of other people - If you are uploading pictures of other people, please bear in mind that some folk do not like having their photos taken and you wouldn't want people putting your worst picture on THEIR profile would you? If in doubt ask them first. Photos of children are explicitly not allowed! Unless: it is photos of yourself with your own children. You must have at least one other photo which clearly identifies you. This policy is so that we adhere to the Children's Protection Act 1989. Weapons/Guns being held by a person will not be allowed in profile photos. Neither will photos representing gangs or other threatening behaviour be allowed. 'Suggestive' photos will not be allowed. It goes without saying that 'nude' photos aren't allowed, but neither are those that are too suggestive and of an adult nature. It's at a moderator's discretion whether to allow your photo or not. Photos that are so small and pixelated where it's impossible to make out any details will be removed. These photos frustrate other members (who think that the site is at fault and end up reporting the photo to us). Photos including personal contact information put you at risk, and so will be removed. You will only be given 1 warning, the 2nd time you upload a photo with your contact details in you will be banned from the site (Permanently & without exception, subscribed member or not). Number plates of vehicles should be removed, but we do not enforce this. You put yourself at risk if you include your number plate in photos, from those who copy plates to those who want to find you. You should edit your photo(s) before uploading. Please be aware of other people's number plates as well as your own.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/02/2015 12:19  

Hi Jackie, I probably like many others was not aware of you having to check on changes to profile pics every time they are changed. I don't know if it is possible for Matt to update the site to allow for you to approve pics for main profile pic use as they are uploaded (obviously there will be a delay before they are approved) and allow non face pics to enter a different album. I guess like other people I like to change my profile pic to show my many different sides so I can attract interest from people (ladies) with different tastes. So far this has not worked at all, lol, so I now plan plastic surgery. Obviously I won't now be using a pic of my favourite Chat Room lady even on a temporary basis, lol.
I think most of us that have been here a little while appreciate the efforts of the Mods to keep the site running safely .
I am happy to volunteer my services to assist in site Moderation as I am a fair weather biker and I have nothing else to do in the winter, lol. PM me to see if I meet your requirements
Thanks Jackie, Regards Ant

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2015 17:47  

What the rules don't include are piccy's that are impossable to make out who is in them. IE photo shopped pic's.

Or even Piccys that are definitely so out of date the person in it is indistinguishable

For example my current pic is not in breach of any current rules. And tbh there is a massive number of profile piccys that fall into these categorys.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2015 19:48  

@BJ, i have pm'd ya. As i think you need to know my reasons for putting a photo up that 'did not adhere' last night. Suffice to say i was proved correct!

Apologies for increasing your workload by yet another one but at least attention was drawn to the rules.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/02/2015 20:06  

This is the point i admit to writing a reply to the comments above and then deleting it ........

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/02/2015 20:49  

Happy to hear your reply Jackie. As I said a tweak to the site will help if main profile pics are approved on submission and are the only ones that can be used as main profile pics. Obviously a job for Matt. Would decrease your workload. Offer of help still here. Ant

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2015 20:58  

Unfortunatly there is someone this site who spends all day doing nothing but trolling over profile pics and reporting them giving bj and the other Mods a massive back log of complaints to deal with. So lets not start a big row over this after all the roads are getting better and the ice is starting to melt on the garage doors. Not long now before you can get out on the road and have some fun with freezing your bits off.
Stuie can you please change your profile picture we dont allow profile pics of you on the toilet

Update Reply
JP @ 11/02/2015 04:49  

Ohh ok just for you JP.

but that's not my bath room face. It's my bedroom face xx

Is it possible to tell the profile pic troll enough is enough and to get a life. After all it's apearing its one rule for some and not others. It's amazing just how much photoshopping and missrepresentaion is going on, in what I thought was basically a picture to ID people when there's meetups and not an avatar

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2015 07:36  

We have but to no avail but if you do see any pics that need dealing with report them . I know some folk think there are some that don't get told but I know that as soon as they are noticed they are told to change there pic . Unfortunately certain members just keep changing them back after a couple of days. So in future it is 3 strikes and your out for a week

Update Reply
JP @ 11/02/2015 11:44  

I'm with JP lets not get bogged down get a life and go riding. I'm not bothered what you look like Ill still ride with you as long as you keep your full face hat on

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 11/02/2015 18:59  

Hi can I apologise my change of pic was a mistake! I blame the phone! Sorry

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 12/02/2015 16:41  

does this
mean no
more Friday
face RB

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 12/02/2015 16:57  

No more Friday face Gordy.