MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Personalised newsletters coming soon

Personalised newsletters coming soon - Forums [Biker Match] Personalised newsletters coming soon - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Personalised newsletters coming soon

Here's another "coming soon..." for you.... I'm making the monthly newsletters more personal. So they will include local events, local new BMers, local news etc.

I do appreciate that people in Scotland don't really care what's happening in London, and vice versa.

This will be a big project for me though so wont be done until maybe mid-february.

In the meantime, please let me know if there's anything you'd like to be included and receive in your inbox each month.

And don't forget to enable your newsletters here....
http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/myaccount/editaccount.asp

Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/01/2015 15:46  

Ooh lovely.....but I kinda like reading about the news for the whole of BM

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 07/01/2015 21:48  

Sorry to be less than enthusiastic but tbh, i would prefer not to have a Newsletter at all.

I find everything i need for BM either in events or on the threads. I also check out MAG events n others on the internet and its something i enjoy doing.

I do hope there will be an opt out button.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/01/2015 23:02  

Hmmmm...have to agree with GBNP re current news letter,Matt. I just straight delete it. Sorry!

So it would have to be something very different to warrant all your extra work.

Hope others have better ideas for you.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 07/01/2015 23:25  

got to agree with Alice Matt, i does sound like a lot of work for you,but do think somthing needs to be done with it. i thought there was a button that you could use to opt out with GBNP

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/01/2015 00:17  

You can opt out of receiveing the newsletter lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/01/2015 10:21  

Matt, tis good to see improvements being made and new fresh ideas coming forward, you wont please everybody but hey ho , we never do lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/01/2015 10:22  

does that mean theyl be coming through the letter box

Update Reply
havfun @ 08/01/2015 12:12  

Update Reply
havfun @ 08/01/2015 12:14  

Oh guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not just delete the newsletter!!! That seriously damages our reputation with your email provider and affects other people, not just yourself.

If you don't want the newsletter you can either
a) Press the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the newsletter, or
b) Change your mailing preferences in your account here...

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/myaccount/editaccount.asp

But please don't delete the newsletter or any emails from BM :-(
Every email we sent, whether it's a newsletter or private message notification etc - every email has a link at the bottom you can use to disable that kind of notification.

We currently cannot even email TalkTalk email accounts because too many people marked our emails as junk. Now all talktalk users are unable to use BM. Thanks!

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/01/2015 11:37  

I dont delete them I just mark them as spam thats right isnt it

Update Reply
JP @ 09/01/2015 17:46  

How far do you think Matts coffee traveled as he read that LOL

Update Reply
JP @ 09/01/2015 17:47  

All full members know whats going off, 'cos they check.
So, only standard members might be interested..
I again stress that Standard members would become Full members if the differential was removed.
ie All pay a smaller affordable amount.
Matt - please note!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2015 19:29  

Hadn't realised that, Matt. Sorry. Will do as you suggest x

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 09/01/2015 20:26  

JP - that slap might need to be FedEx'd to you if you continue :-D

Alice - No worries.

XK - The current price is what it's always been. We're 8 years further and the price has hardly changed (except for having to add VAT when I changed countries).
Standard members join when they get discounts. Most long-term members would rather have their own price reduced after contributing for years than have the price for new members reduced. Your opinion directly conflicts with Bluesbiker above, proof that I cannot please everyone.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2015 15:13  

I was chatting to a couple of other members about this the other day and concerns were voiced that 'personalised' newsletters may well split still further what is supposed to be a 'national' membership.

There is a noticeable divide between Scotland and England membership. Not to mention the split between Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western England membership. The Midland folk perhaps have the best of all worlds and seem to travel willingly. The Welsh contingency seem to do very little, if anything.

The question is therefore; is the right route to take? Will the site/members become further alienated within their own areas. Surely it is better to know whats happening nationally.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/01/2015 15:36  

Matt i think the post you,v put above should of been in the Dynamic pricing thread

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/01/2015 16:57  

Hi Matt,

I don't subscribe to the news letters as I can find out all I need to know by reading forums, texts and/ or talking directly with others on here.

For what it's worth, I used to be involved in another organisation that eventually created area sections, rather than have one whole, and this really did seem to create some kind of barrier between the groups, with little interaction between them.

Good luck with it all, and my appreciative thanks for all the 'behind the scenes' work that you and all other voluntary staff do.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2015 14:30  

I'm with GBNP on keeping a national newsletter, but I'm sure that will remain the case with perhaps a little local variation - or some regions will barely have anything to read about and Matt and his pixies are going to be spending the whole month scouting for enough copy to pad out however many newsletters are decided upon.
And that's another issue - who decides which region you should get if you're near a border?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/01/2015 21:18  

Hi matt thanks for the opportunity to comment on your suggestions that in itself is great and of course you won't please everyone.

My personal preference would be to keep a national newsletter but maybe sections for things that are happening in particular areas . I personally like hearing everything that's going on across the country !
Whatever you decide let's all give it a go and support!
Thanks for all you do for the site most of which I would never begin to understand never mind know!! TA v m

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 17/01/2015 17:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email