MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Helmet cleaning.

Helmet cleaning. - Forums [Biker Match] Helmet cleaning. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Helmet cleaning.

While out on the Tigger today I was puzzled about a particularly vile smell that seemed to be following me about. Eventually I figured out it was me helmet... Time to clean it methinks. Now it's a Shoei and the lining is not removable but I do remember someone saying you clean them in with a mild shampoo. The suggestion is to use the bath so you can submerge it and them use the shower to rinse before leaving it dry in the airing cup'd. Easy. Well as I was having a bath anyway I decided to take my lid in with me... No f***er told me about the number of dead flies that would come out of the vents though did they!!!!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/11/2014 19:33  

OMG......lmao...

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 09/11/2014 20:10  

So you had road kill in the bath with you? Lol

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 09/11/2014 20:31  

Yeah, try using car upholstery cleaner.

A spray on foam . Then remove with a soft damp cloth .

In bath helmet cleaning can only be recommended for the errr,,, mid point helmet. Lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 09/11/2014 20:38  

steve I'm afraid I just visualized your 'helmet cleaning' routine. I'll have to think of something else now QUICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/11/2014 08:05  

Agreed best think of other things! But did make me laugh. Glad I read it though and lesson noted. I am still not forgiven for washing the gortex trousers with the body armour in ( yes that was messy too) so can't afford any more laundry disasters. Washing not got the faint hearted it seems.

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 10/11/2014 17:22  

Daft sod lol

Soaking a crash helmet completely for some types will be extremely dangerous to it's structural integrity (inner shell not designed to deal with being wet and/or cleaning agents).

A foam cleaner as said by dustin is best way if your lid doesn't allow you to removed the interior. That way you can target the padding and not the shell itself

Update Reply
madscots @ 10/11/2014 18:00  

ENGLAND IM TRYING TO THINK OF ENGLAND, ENGLAND ,ENGLAND BATH HELMET STEVE CRAP CRAP CRAP MUST THINK ENGLANDENGLENGLANDENGLENDENGLADENGLANDENGLAND

M U S T ................ C O C E N T R A T E

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2014 20:30  

You will have to lie back first Stuie!

Update Reply
Double six @ 10/11/2014 20:33  

that's why he keeps falling of the bed Double six lol

or is that not what you meant

Update Reply
madscots @ 10/11/2014 21:04  

I am not sure, it is something I heard a long time ago, something about lie back and think of England!
Who knew it might be something to do with cleaning helmets! lol

Update Reply
Double six @ 10/11/2014 21:08  

I could be soooooo crude and mention extra meat rations for the missus .....but I will resist....cos I am sooooo not like that at all

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 10/11/2014 21:13  

Uuurghhh time to bite my pillow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2014 21:35  

Snigger......and the yuck factor continues;-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 10/11/2014 21:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email