MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Squires facelift

Squires facelift - Forums [Biker Match] Squires facelift - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Squires facelift

Just been in squires for a brew and as I walked through the door I knew there was something strange occuring. First of all, a strange smell assaulted my nostrils, was that the smell of new paint? and did the interior look somewhat brighter, and cleaner? It was and it did, the tables looked as though they had been properly cleaned and the counter had lost its sticky coating. I commented on this and asked, tongue in cheek, if there were new carpets and curtains coming as eell. The answer was yes, I didnt ask when, but they are on the list of things to come. The inside looked a lot brighter on an autumn afternoon, brighter it had in high summer with brilliant sunshine outside. I didnt look in the carvery but I assume that area will also be getting much the same treatment at some point, if not already. So for those attending the bm xmas lunch, I think you will be pleased at not sticking to various surfaces while you tuck into your meals. Well done to the management for addressing some of the things I have heard a few people complain about.

Update Reply
Double six @ 20/10/2014 16:33  

About time they cleaned the place up :-)

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 20/10/2014 16:42  

They did it just for your birthday 66 just in case you turned up

Update Reply
JP @ 20/10/2014 17:14  

I think Dave has defo got the bit betwixt his teeth and is on a mission!

Lets hope the carpet goes pretty quickly as much of the nasty smell comes from that. Yuk, yuk, yukky!

Also appears to have been a bit of a shake up with the hopeless girls working there. A couple have been promoted to supervisory roles and seem to be taking their role seriously (at the moment).

Im pleased that my moaning to Dave about the sugar situation seems to have worked, although somewhat disappointed that the manky spoons are still in situ! Problem resolved though ... Take my own spoon!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/10/2014 21:51  

Took you a long time to work that one out lol

Update Reply
JP @ 20/10/2014 21:58  

Yup, approximately 34yrs! I like to mull things over first JP ((wink))

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/10/2014 22:00  

Washing the cups will go a long way, had a cuppa at the weekend and couldnt bring myself to drink the brown liquid with scum on the top incased in what looked like an old workshop cup......urghhh

New paint is good and yes your right 66 you dont have to peel your self off every surface..mind you those carpets still make my boots non slip.

Lets hope Dave keeps the push going Squires has soooo much to offer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 22:05  

Oooh, Stuie you forgot to mention that your second brekkie on Sunday was also a massive improvement on past attempts, it was at least cooked n warm bonus!!

Double bonus, was of course my fantabulous, scintillating conversation over breakfast **takes a bow** lol

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/10/2014 22:10  

Yup was a better brekkie than they normaly throw up....and yes the brekkie chat was nice hunny..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2014 22:13  

Lmao, sounds like it aint usually! Although we did actually have a proper, real growed up conversation. Blimey, are we ill? Call a doctor!

Anyhoo, back to the thread ....

Yes D6, Squires is looking a tad better recently, hopefully the improvements will continue.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/10/2014 22:21  

I've never been there. It sounds like the place needs refreshing though!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2014 19:02  

Have they updated the loos yet?! As you say....nice to not stick to surfaces....:/
PMSL. ;)

Update Reply
MjN @ 22/10/2014 13:42  

Nah MjN the loos are still the same ... minging! The ones at the other end (off the bar/carvery area) are slightly better but still not brilliant. Although I have been fortunate enough not to stick to surfaces in there .... urrrgggh!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/10/2014 13:48  

When you go to the rest rooms its best to go into hover mode.

Ohh and dont forget your own toilet paper as more often than not there wont be any!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2014 17:26  

The Vic at Coalville desperately needs a makeover too. And why is it that places that propose to be biker friendly have the worst loo's! Trying to use a cubical the size of a shoe box in bike gear is a 'mare!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/10/2014 10:22  

With you on that ghosthunter..

Its a pity but the place that ticked all the boxies is closing down this weekend. Part of me is dieing sunday along with Loomies in Hampshire

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2014 11:16  

Never experienced Loomies but only ever head good things about it, although a lot say it was quite pricey. If the quality of food/atmos and the amenities are god I don't mind paying a wee bit more.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 24/10/2014 09:23  

On a side note, A load of us went to Yondermans in the Peak district the other week. They were brilliant, food was good and they stayed open until the last of us left. Couldn't have been more friendly.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 24/10/2014 09:24  

Appeared to have posted the same thing twice!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 24/10/2014 09:25  

To be honnest the prices at loomies arent realy that bad.

There more or less on a par with what you would expect in the south. Most of the wingers about price are after a small full english and a cup or tea for a fiver. Loomies charged £8 for a large full english (portions are big) with top notch local farm, sausgaes and bacon free range eggs etc. non of the ingrediants are cheep nasty cash and carry stuff.

Last day there on this Sunday!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2014 13:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email