MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Them and Us

Them and Us - Forums [Biker Match] Them and Us - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Them and Us

Speeding Cop Escapes Ban <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> West Yorkshire copper Matthew Troake drove his Audi sports car at 105 mph, on the A65 Settle by-pass in North Yorkshire, and was fined £250 and given 6 penalty points. <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> A spokeswoman for road safety charity BRAKE said Troake should have been disqualified. <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I say he should have been banned AND had his car crushed! It’s bad enough doing that speed on a motorway without doing it on an A road? I’m surprised the magistrate didn’t offer to swap Troake’s car for a gun then he could have attempted to kill more people<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> What do you think? <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/09/2006 08:28  

Geez, your going abit ott there aint you?....so what you saying...we're all attempted murderers cos some of us like to flout the speed limit? Whatever happend to...rules were made to be broken? or are you just a tut tut and headshakin biker?

Update Reply
chilster @ 23/09/2006 08:58  

105 for a audi sports car on a by pass isnt that fast really. if he was weaving through traffic i can understand the uproar but the storry hasnt mentioned that happening. how many times as bikers have we crossed the 100mph threshhold, quite often. aggree over a ton does usually result in a ban for usually about 3 months so he was lucky in getting away with 6 points and fine but this penalty is possible occaisionly. maybe he should of had a ban but what he did get probably would of been similar to what we would of got.

Update Reply
joeblade @ 23/09/2006 09:34  

Jeez, maybe motorbikes aren't for you Kwak!

Update Reply
ninja @ 23/09/2006 10:10  

i agree with her actually sum bike riders as well as car drivers can tak the piss with speed ,sum bikes are built for speed yes but it shudent b done on rds full of other traffic or in pedestrian areas

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 23/09/2006 12:08  

Agreed also BP, why should the pigs get away with it when the likes of you and I wouldn't?
And you're also right saying speed shouldn't be done in built up areas, if people are going to speed it should be left to those nice A-roads or the race track.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 23/09/2006 12:35  

I got no probs with fast bikes, just please don't ask me to keep up!!! I have to shut me eyes if it's too fast!! Love to see them fly past me though, makes me smile. Hate the drivers (bike or car) that even though I'm at the speed limit insist on trying to drive into my boot, BOG OFF!!

Update Reply
Di @ 23/09/2006 12:42  

if your a speeder in builtup area's then you deserve to lose your lisence but most A roads are out of town so your really only putting your self at risk i see where your coming from sweetheart if it was one of us we would lost our lisence & got a bigger fine

Update Reply
Oggy @ 23/09/2006 12:53  

Only dickheads speed in built up areas. When there's not much about and you're on the open road, though...................that's what bikes are for, isn't it?

Update Reply
ninja @ 23/09/2006 14:34  

he got what any of us would have got, no more and no less trust me. The magistrate will decide the fine and points based on experience/history, whether conditions, traffic conditions, life being put at danger or not, etc. If he has driven for 40 years without a single point on his licence or speeding fine, and he was driving on a bright sunny day, on an open road where he could see for miles ahead, with no other road users around.... then why should he be banned???

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2006 16:14  

exactly matt. people are mentioning built up areas, 30 limits and pedestrians. lets not forget this was on a by pass.

Update Reply
joeblade @ 23/09/2006 17:08  

Quote Chilster: Geez,you going abit ott there aint you?....so what you saying...we're all attempted murderes cos some of us like to flout the speed limit? Whatever happened to....rules are meant to be broken? or are you just a tut tut and headshakin biker? ---------------------- No, the cop was going OTT. No I didn't say ALL. Depends on the rules, if 'flouting' them is liable to cause harm or death to others then NO I don't think they are meant to be broken. No, I'm not a tut tut headshakin biker. If the law enforcers break the law then doesn't that leave us with anarchy?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/09/2006 22:20  

Your point was that he was doing 105 on an A road....shock horror.......yawn......and tring to kill people......which obviously he wasn't. Yes, he should receive the same punishment as everyone else, if he gets caught. The Settle bypass isn't Settle town centre.

Update Reply
ninja @ 24/09/2006 06:57  

I think wot SK is getting at is the fact he should have known better!! Isn't he supposed to be above reproach given the wage he receives at the end of the month!!

Update Reply
Di @ 24/09/2006 07:03  

A bit unrealistic, they're human the same as us........well, so I've been told........

Update Reply
ninja @ 24/09/2006 07:35  

ya reckon?..................................

Update Reply
Di @ 24/09/2006 07:49  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< is keeping out of this one lol

Update Reply
RC @ 24/09/2006 08:16  

Oooh, talking of speed!! I'm glad to see that the Govenment (such as it is)................ have decided not to go ahead with speed controling gizmos on bikes. Well, for the time being at any rate.

Update Reply
Di @ 24/09/2006 08:29  

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Update Reply
RC @ 24/09/2006 08:40  

corrupt coppers should be made an example of,same as anybody who lives by the law, we can't have one rule for them another for us. i dislike coppers anyway but if they do me for speeding and iam, well that's fair but for them to speed and get a lighter sentance is not on

Update Reply
stew8851 @ 24/09/2006 11:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email