MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Them and Us

Them and Us (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Them and Us (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Them and Us

theyre not getting lighter sentences, trust me. Look, i used to do all the summons for speeding and driving offences at my local nick. I saw some of the shit fines and stuff that scumbags got and its a fucking joke. This guy has been hard done by compared to some of the things ive seen!

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/09/2006 12:01  

been chatting with a few mates about this one who happen to be coppers & i'm now inclined to agree with you on this Matt, he got a fair sentence. look at what some scumbags get away with, no license no insurance no mot the lot & they mow ppl down & get a much lighter sentence due to circumstances in thier lives .(poor childhood, stress)all that go's along with allowing ppl to get away with things. when you take it all into perspective it was fair & square really

Update Reply
Oggy @ 24/09/2006 16:35  

What gets to me is the fact that I got done for 35 MPH on the A5. AND I don't even remember being there!

Update Reply
rubecula @ 24/09/2006 19:57  

that shows you have a bad memory as well Dave, haha Probably forgot what speed limit it was too eh? hahaha, im sorry, i know its a shit deal at 35mph and strongly think you should contest it (To do so, send a private message on Bike Chat to "gix" and ask if she can offer assistance)

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2006 16:54  

You really shouldn't drink and ride you know - it fogs yer memory ;)

Update Reply
inmehelmet @ 25/09/2006 20:01  

Going out on a limb here,done my fair share of speeding,been pulled a few times as well,allways been dealt in a fair way and let off with a caution on many occasions,used the density of traffic,road conditions,weather and time of day to justify being in some cases well in excess of the national speed limit,so the one rule for them does not cut mutch ice here,imagine if the posting had been from a biker telling us of losing his job and livelyhood through been caught speeding,modern vehicles are easily capable of safe travel at speeds well in access of the national speed limit. Driving is a risk management excersise,the more riskyou overlook the more chance it all goes wrong,100mph in a well maintained,vehicle,on a clear road with an advanced driver at the controls,might be safer than 60 mph in an unmaintained car with defects and newly qualified driver,in driving rain,and the dark. Most people stick to the spirit of the law and drive well within there capabilitys.A few choose to drive beyond there capabilitys and those of there vehicles,and the road conditions I dont think this is the case here.Sean

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 25/09/2006 21:15  

well said Sean

Update Reply
Oggy @ 26/09/2006 01:10  

Very profound ....... and probably very true too. Ditto Oggy on that Sean

Update Reply
rubecula @ 26/09/2006 06:39  

yep very well said there mate

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/09/2006 17:12  

golden rule,,( if u want to stay alive that is) ,,always be able to stop within the distance you can see too be clear

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2006 17:46  

Speed if you want guys but im always struck by the fact that it might not be you that causes your unscheduled dismount!! Roads are full of busy smucks in metal cans who think they can drive!! They will never see you coming!! Seen my ex come home too many times after scrapping bikers up off the tarmac through no fault of their own.

Update Reply
Di @ 26/09/2006 18:11  

Apparently the hospital nickname for bikers is "Doners" Says it all really.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 27/09/2006 04:45  

yea it is, they called me that when i was dragged in after some bitch (who couldnt see over the s/wheel) turned accross me and sent me flying through the air.

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2006 13:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email