MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Now You See Us! - MAG National Demo, 23rd Aug

Now You See Us! - MAG National Demo, 23rd Aug - Forums [Biker Match] Now You See Us! - MAG National Demo, 23rd Aug - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Now You See Us! - MAG National Demo, 23rd Aug

How much is a life worth?Every day, a motorcyclist is killed or seriously injured on the road due to the actions of a driver who didn't pay attention, or even look out into the road. Nine times out of ten, the driver receives a pitiful sentence for careless driving after pleading guilty, or worse still, nothing more than a driving ban; meanwhile, a family loses someone who cannot be replaced. Sorry mate, I didn't see you!…is the most common excuse for a driver when a rider has been knocked off. It doesn't matter if the rider is wearing hi-viz, with headlights on or not. It's time that this changed! The purpose of the demo is to raise awareness on the theme that too many riders are being knocked from their bikes; that drivers are being mildly punished or getting off free, and that we – every day – see that the errors of other road users are putting our lives at risk, while we are being popularly held up to blame. This year there have been even more deaths than usual, and it's our perception that the majority are due to driver errors and poor planning/maintenance. Our best political lobbying efforts on key issues have received lip-service and duplicitous underhandedness so it is time for action. The demos will take place in at upto nine cities, including London, Glasgow, Cardiff, Sheffield, Newcastle, Bristol and Belfast. An event will be created on the MAG Facebook page shortly and more information will be available from this page and the MAG website in the next few days. Also, your Regional Reps will have more details in due course (other cities are being confirmed as we speak). These will not be the usual demos you've seen from MAG recently. Every year, thousands of bikes gather in Brussels to protest at the EU parliament's scant disregard for riders' rights. (at the demo attended by MAG Chairman John Mitchell in 2012, over 7,000 bikes parked along the Rue de la Loi, outside the EU Parliament HQ) and it wasn't a silent protest. It's time us brits took a leaf out of their book. http://www.motorcycleaction.....t;

Update Reply
Richard T @ 20/08/2014 14:00  

Thanks for the link, Richard. Hope there will be a good turn out.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 20/08/2014 22:59  

Late entry from MAG
Demo 23rd
Western retail park
Glasgow
G15 6RX
12 noon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 09:29  

I hope to join in one of the events just as I used to with Middlesboro mag many years ago , which reminds me I need to renew my mag membership at stormin .thanks for the link

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2014 09:36  

not been to a mag for year

Update Reply
kaycat @ 21/08/2014 23:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email