MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Yamaha new head bearings

Yamaha new head bearings  - Forums [Biker Match] Yamaha new head bearings  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Yamaha new head bearings

Hi please can anyone advise on fitting new head bearings for a yamaha diversion 900! I am sure I can do it -/- joking Derek will be in charge !!

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 01/08/2014 07:00  

The Divvies have got the reputation of being fairly easy and straightforward bikes to work on, but I only had a 600 and not the 900. There's quite a good online owners group at http://diversionclub.proboards.com/ which is free to join.

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/08/2014 16:31  

Thanks Wills I'll pass that all on .

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 01/08/2014 17:21  

Head bearings are easy enough if you have the right tools and some way of supporting the bike while the front end is off. The worst bit is getting the bottom bearing race off the steering stem, usually involving a Dremel and cold chisel to crack it.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 02/08/2014 19:47  

I have a yamaha service manual for the 900 diversion in pdf. Let me check the file size but i should be able to email it as an attatchment. It will tell you everything.
And yes they are a peice of cake to work on.

Update Reply
xj @ 04/08/2014 20:31  

i have the service manual as used by yamaha technicians, the owners manual and the set of micro fiche for the bike. all in 119mb.
if you have an email account capable of receiving that size (or open a google email coz that will) let me know the address and i will send it to you

Update Reply
xj @ 04/08/2014 22:06  

Surprised you have'nt asked for Jelly Babies in return for this information Mark, you're slipping pal !!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 05/08/2014 03:02  

The extortion comes later. I need to hook them first, get them interested then go in with the demands.

Update Reply
xj @ 05/08/2014 10:20  

You had me worried there Mark.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 05/08/2014 13:38  

Hi all thanks sorry for tardy response - I'm not sure I can receive all that on my mail account!! However I will be ready with the jelly beans when I see you of I might get to make a cake .

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 20/08/2014 19:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email