MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

what about BM doin there very own Charity Ride Out?

what about BM doin there very own Charity Ride Out? - Forums [Biker Match] what about BM doin there very own Charity Ride Out? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

just an idea but what about it ,be great advertising for u matt! as well as raisin loads of money for charity!

let me know what u think as some one would have to plan a route dont ask me as i would just get ya lost

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2007 07:04  

Great idea I'd be up for that

Update Reply
Dulali @ 27/09/2007 07:08  

Thanks Dulali

like me i dont have a bike but if anyone dont mind takin a pillion ,the more we get to do this the better and raise as much money as we can for charity, i would like to donate some of the money to the special care baby unit ...as u know the charity day i did got rained off!

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2007 07:11  

Yup I think this is an excellent idea. Maybe for Christmas, do a Christmas charity run and donate the money to a childrens charity??? Who, when, where, etc?

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2007 07:37  

. As for where - should be somewhere central so as to attract as many of the BM members as possible .............. ........ could all be dressed up like Santa with the destination being the charity itself to deliver the proceeds - eg the special care baby unit ........ just a thought .......... i'll get my coat

Update Reply
Dulali @ 27/09/2007 08:38  

Santa thing wud involve costumes etc, which may not be practical for everyone financially. Maybe just suggest that where possible people can dress as santa, but not required to. Also - safety implications ? Where - Depends where charity is i suppose. Should we have a few nominations for charity? Maybe best if its somewhere that the kids can see everyone turning up?

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2007 08:43  

I'd go for Great Ormond Street Hospital in London ........ perhaps could be split between a couple of different charities. Could even do one run up north and one down south (may get more people involved that way???) - and would also strengthen that northern/southern divide even further - lol Dressing up - totally agree - is everyones personal choice - i just meant something like a red santa coat over your leathers or something. Just to add a bit of fun to it all ......... :)

Update Reply
Dulali @ 27/09/2007 08:52  

lol with a hat glued to ur helmet :-) London is a bit far for most, and having 2 events may mean a very small number attending each. With one bigger event, theres more chance of a good turnout. But - its up to u, im thousands of miles away so i wont be going :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2007 08:55  

we want really one ride out ..like matt said be more of a turn out

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2007 09:04  

Oi,lazy bugger,easy jet do returns at silly prices,get your butt over here and help promote your site!!!!!

Maybe a poss solution would be two departure points,one north one south,with one central destination?

I'll get my plaid

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2007 09:08  

haha u tell him cassie lmao

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2007 09:11  

A good idea R C An alternative to dressing as Santa would be to dress our BIKE up. That's what *we used to do on our annual charity ride-out. (It got disbanded a couple of years ago) Tinsel round the handle bars/grab bar that sort of thing. Best dressed bike got a prize. *Bikers from all over Huddersfield and surrounding areas. The charity we rode for was a local refuge for battered women, and their kids. We used to donate toys, as well as money, but best not to wrap the toys as the folk who take charge of them need to know what they are, and if they are suitable/safe before they can hand them out. We held a raffle, prizes donated by local businesses, to raise more funds but that may not be practical.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2007 14:53  

or wrap them and put numbers on them, then give a list of numbers to them with what they are. :-) Hey Cassie -im using up all my leave at work when i get my house. Already taken a lot of time off, and now i gotta work Christmas :-( Get new leave in jan tho - so will come over some time then

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2007 15:19  

Don't forget to bring some cheap ciggies and booze when you come over Matt lol. I've been involved in the local MAG Xmas toy run for the last few years and they have always gone down well. We used to deliver to local hospitals only but then realised that a lot of charities never got a look in so we expanded it last year to include a delivery to a kids hospice. 100% feel-good factor all round. I'm in for doing it, just say where and when.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 27/09/2007 15:25  

Never mind the fags and booze
i would like some muffins please

Kids charitys(although very worthwhile)are very well supported,
especially at christmas.
What about the homeless,refuges,(NOT refugees!)or an animal charity?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2007 16:49  

I'd like to join in as well with that if its not too far away. Perhaps some of us SOUTHERNERS can do a ride up together!! I used to do stuff for Riding for the Disabled. It really does make a difference to some of the kids lives to get up on a pony or drive a carriage from a wheelchair. Just a thought...

Update Reply
babbsy @ 27/09/2007 17:12  

Mmm I'd def be up for that. Would be great if we could support a couple of charities. An animal one esp at christmas as loads of animals get made homeless just into the new year, not wanted pets - The Blue Cross are really grateful for all sorts including tins of food

Update Reply
middlv @ 27/09/2007 17:47  

lets get our heads 2gether n sort summet out then

matt maybe u could sort a poll out for us......

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2007 17:59  

or wrap them and put numbers on them, then give a list of numbers to them with what they are. :-) Matt, wrapping and numbers wouldn't have worked at the refuge as the staff had to check the toys/pressies were safe and not broken before they gave them out to the kids. R C a poll is a good idea, as long as it's not a greasy one

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2007 18:13  

I'll be up for that as long as skateboards are not involveed this time...LOL

Update Reply
skins @ 27/09/2007 18:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email