MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fined for 'Pushing' bike

Fined for 'Pushing' bike - Forums [Biker Match] Fined for 'Pushing' bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fined for 'Pushing' bike

A DISQUALIFIED motorcyclist was ordered to do 100 hours unpaid work and pay £250 compensation and £65 costs, after pushing his trials bike across a supermarket car park.Christopher O'Brien had been taking the bike home after it had been repaired and thought because the engine was not switched on he would not fall foul of the law. But Blackburn magistrates heard that O'Brien crashed into a car being driven by a woman shopper.O'Brien, 24, of Sudellside, Darwen, pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and without insurance.The court was told that after crashing into the car, O'Brien walked over and immediately offered to pay for the damage.Rachel Adamson, defending, said the bike had been bought for off-roading and O'Brien had no intention of using it in any other way. Author Tim Skilton =========== How can he be fined for pushing a bike, especially on a supermarket car park? Isn't that classed as non-public highway? I wouldn't fancy riding pillion with him if he crashes a bike while pushing it lol I'd love to be in the insurance claims office of the car driver when they read her submission 'A motorbike crashed into me while it was being pushed' ================= Tim has been riding bikes for most of his 38 years, which qualifies him as one of the UK's most experienced motorcycle journalists. How does riding a bike qualify someone to be a journalist? The story leaves me with more questions than answers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/09/2007 14:12  

how retarded! A) For driving into him, she must have been blind - unless he really was riding it. B) Him for pushing it anyhow, he should be out of public way where he can cause damage. The bike in a public place should require tax and insurance. If the vehicle was registered to him, then he's responsible for it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/09/2007 15:35  

SHE didn't crash into HIM it was the other way round Quote: But Blackburn magistrates heard that O'Brien crashed into a car being driven by a woman shopper.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/09/2007 17:46  

how? did he run really fast, maybe with a trolley as well? lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/09/2007 18:06  

lol like I said, the author left more questions than answers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/09/2007 18:16  

Bike must handle like a supermarket trolly if it crashes while being pushed, wonder if he had a weeks groceries on board? ROFL

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2007 08:07  

I was once reliably told that you had to wear a helmet and the bike had to be taxed and Mot'ed when pushing on the road! kin daft!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 25/09/2007 08:22  

Handles like a supermarket trolly? Has to be pushed? *gets ready for flack* Thought it was a trials bike - not a Harley

Update Reply
Aggy @ 25/09/2007 08:31  

Bike must handle like a supermarket trolly if it crashes while being pushed, wonder if he had a weeks groceries on board? ROFL Lol I bet none of it was BRAIN food I was once reliably told that you had to wear a helmet and the bike had to be taxed and Mot'ed when pushing on the road! I've had to push my bike, loads of times, no way would I have kept my lid on it's too warm Lol @ Aggy's comments, you are bad

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2007 12:02  

i take it u dont like HD'S then aggy hehe it is right tho u do have to wear helmet when pushing bike,

Update Reply
lone rider @ 25/09/2007 12:53  

Damn you Aggy; you stole my line Of course it was a Harley, goes without saying. Probably tried to commit suicide when it saw the awesome superior build, handling and popularity of the shopping trolley

Update Reply
Ducst4 @ 27/09/2007 16:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email