MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tuesday 3rd June - Sunday 8th June

Tuesday 3rd June - Sunday 8th June - Forums [Biker Match] Tuesday 3rd June - Sunday 8th June - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tuesday 3rd June - Sunday 8th June

Anyone out n about in Scotland as we will be heading up North to find some good roads :)

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 14/05/2014 22:09  

Actually going up for the next week from the 7th
Here's the plan, be my first time North of the border, so if anyone wants to tag on at some point, all's good

Scotland road trip 2014

Saturday June 7th. Mold to Pitlochry. Approx 320 miles. The boring bit up the motorway ! Leave Mold no later than 0900. M56, M6, M74 up to Abington services. A702 to Edinburgh. Get on city by-pass, over forth road bridge, M9, A9 to Pitlochry. Stay in Hostel, approx £18 each.

2.Sunday June 8th . Pitlochry to Elgin, Aviemore, Spean Bridge then Fort Augustus. Approx mileage 250. Weather permitting, taking us up through the Grampian Mountains. Fantastic roads and stunning scenery ! Pitlochry along A924 to Bridge of Cally. Turn left onto A93 up to Braemar. B976 for 5 miles to join up with A939 up and over the Grampians past the ski centres and over to Grantown-on-Spey…..this is a stunning road ! Join the A95 to Elgin….another ace road ! Meet the Elgin/ Aberdeen crowd and have lunch….. On the A96 to Forres, then over Dava moor on the A940/939 to Grantown (another fantastic road), then over to Aviemore, then down to Kingussie and along the A86 past Loch Laggan (where they filmed Monarch of the Glen) and on to Spean Bridge. Turn right onto the A82, past the Commando memorial and on to Fort Augustus where we will be staying at Morag’s Lodge hostel. Approx £21 each.

3.Monday June 9th . Fort Augustus to Kyleakin on Skye. We will be staying at Skye backpackers hostel…approx £17 each. If you go directly its only 60 miles ! A82, A887, A87.…one of my all time favourite roads ! Stunning, and the scenery ! Along past Eilian Donnan Castle and over the Skye bridge…

4. Tuesday June 10th…..Free day ! Get over your hangover or go exploring Skye or the other fantastic roads and scenery !

5.Wednesday June 11th …Kyleakin to Callander…Approx 145 miles. Leave Kyleakin and head south, still on Skye via A87/ A851 to Armadale to catch the 1015 ferry (£12 per bike inc rider) to Mallaig.Ferry takes 30 mins…along the A830, another fantastic road, past where they film the Hogwarts train, to lunch in Fort William at the foothills of Ben Nevis. Along the A82 south through Glen Coe, you guessed…another amazing road and scenery…down to Crianlarich where we will turn left onto the A85 then A84 to Callander. We will be staying about a mile outside the village in the Trossachs backpackers hostel. £20 each…

6. Thursday 12th June
Callander to Peebles, Hawick, Keswick.
Approx 178 miles…
Leave Callander on the A84 down to join the M9 near Stirling, stay on it til joining the M8 just outside Edinburgh. A720 ring road then A703/ A701/ A703 to Peebles. A72 to Galashiels, then A7 to Hawick. A7 down to Carlisle then A595/ A591 to Keswick in the Lake District where we will stay at Denton House Hostel, approx £17 each.

7. Friday 13th June
Keswick to Coniston, then North Wales….approx 160 miles.
Head south out of Keswick on the A591 to Ambleside. Turn right onto the A593 to Coniston, then continue to Torver, where we turn left onto the A5084, the A5092, A590 to the M6 at junction 36. Anyone wanting to go to the ACS party in Squires gate can join the A65 here.
Everyone else will just jump on the M6 south then M56, A55 back to N.Wales !!

Whoevers interested let me know asap…I AM ONLY BOOKING THE ACCOMODATION FOR THOSE TRAVELLING WITH ME FROM THE N.WALES AREA !!
I have listed where we are staying, so anyone wishing to join us on route will have to book their own accomodation !

Mileage total approx 1100 ! Accom total, each, approx £110 Ferry £12
If your bike averages 40mpg over the whole trip, then approx fuel costs are £180, so not inc food or beer, that’s about £300...

THE MORE THE MERRIER !!!

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 14/05/2014 22:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email