MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Norway Touring?

Norway Touring? - Forums [Biker Match] Norway Touring? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Norway Touring?

Hi All,Been a while since I posted on here but I want to pick your brains..Has anyone ridden their bike to Norway from the UK?Did you cross to France and Ride to Denmark then Ferry to Norway, or get a Ferry to Denmark, then Norway?Any stories to tell? I'm at a loose end in August and was contemplating visiting the Ancestral home and visit a distant relative in Bergen.I know it can rain a lot and it is expensive but it's on my Bucket list!Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 01/05/2014 14:22  

dont know but white is hard to read on here

Update Reply
havfun @ 01/05/2014 17:33  

Woops..

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted on here but I want to pick your brains..

Has anyone ridden their bike to Norway from the UK?

Did you cross to France and Ride to Denmark then Ferry to Norway, or get a Ferry to Denmark, then Norway?

Any stories to tell?

I'm at a loose end in August and was contemplating visiting the Ancestral home and visit a distant relative in Bergen.

I know it can rain a lot and it is expensive but it's on my Bucket list!

Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 01/05/2014 18:17  

Nope not done a trip to Norway yet, but I am planning a trip this year starting July in Spain and I hope to end up in Norway towards the middle of August. I have started a thread, and when I have my route fully mapped out I will post a link.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 01/05/2014 21:59  

Not by bike, but went in a Triumph TR7 sports car many moons ago. Took the ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, which was about 20hrs, arrived late afternoon, then drove throught the night over the mountains to Oslo to stay with friends. Spectacular scenery, other than in the VERY long tunnels. Return journey similar. It's a very expensive country, especially for alchohol! Look out for shop signs saying 'Tilbud' = special offer.

Update Reply
Richard T @ 01/05/2014 22:10  

Cheers for the reply gents, Well I'm off work from the 4th-22nd August so If I do go I may bump into other Bikers, Ptnoodles-I will keep an eye on your thread!

Richard, It is a shame that they don't do the Newcastle to Stavanger ferry anymore!

Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 02/05/2014 13:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email