MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Extra BM Events Organisers needed

Extra BM Events Organisers needed (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Extra BM Events Organisers needed (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Extra BM Events Organisers needed

unfortunatly some folk seem to take great joy in critisizing my lack of hoonin skill, I did pass my test in ྎ but have two young kids at home that depend on me coming home in one piece, that means im usually last in the pack. I tend to go pillion if some serious hoonin is on the cards, that way i dont feel guilty for holding folk up

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 31/03/2014 18:22  

Sorry folks, I obviously didn't explain very well, let me try again:
Of course among most groups of riders there will be individuals with varying abilities. Hence an experienced back marker is stationed to ensure no-one gets left behind, and the leaders stop and wait at each significant junction to ensure those following see the way to go. Between turnings, they can 'hoon' if they wish?
I've ridden with groups attempting to use the 'drop-off system', but that relies heavily on EVERY rider taking an equal responsibility and it often breaks down.
However particularly on continental tours covering long distances whilst also avoiding 'motorways', it's hoped everyone has a reasonable level of capability and experience to navigate their way to the day's end if necessary, or buddy up with someone else for the full day?
In any case, SatNavs are so cheap nowadays there's little excuse for touring unfamiliar roads without one?

Update Reply
Richard T @ 31/03/2014 19:30  

the one an only time i used a sat nav was last weekend trying to get from preston to chop gate in the dark it took us the scenic route thru the dales 4!/2 hours!!!! from now on will stick to map directions stuck in my tank bag.

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 31/03/2014 20:31  

then again when im out with steve H, him waiting having a cig break while i catch up works for me....and i passed my test in eighty-two

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 31/03/2014 20:32  

Lyn you passed your test 82 years ago didn't think they had tests then LOL

Update Reply
JP @ 31/03/2014 20:39  

That may hurt at some point

Update Reply
JP @ 31/03/2014 20:39  

well in those days you just had to ride around the block for half an hour for £10 quid, surely you remember them days instead of the mortgage u have to take out now to pass the test

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 31/03/2014 21:48  

My bike test was £7.50 a very very long time ago

Update Reply
JP @ 31/03/2014 21:51  

cann i be an orginiser please

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/03/2014 21:56  

yes, we want K to be an organiser!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2014 22:51  

Now that's one hell of an event K

Update Reply
JP @ 31/03/2014 23:23  

Get K sat on the back of a hay trailer and there wouldn’t be any fast men would they

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2014 08:32  

I vote for Kaycat. I feel confident that bikers from far and wide would risk fire, brimstone and anything else just to be in the presence of her spectacular events, (me too) xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/04/2014 09:37  

snigger

i gess i spelt it rong

Update Reply
kaycat @ 01/04/2014 13:25  

if you are looking for a seconder to any of the above..I second all the above!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2014 15:31  

Go for it kaycat x

Update Reply
BigRay @ 01/04/2014 18:56  

is this going of track, if you realy want to help get in touch with Mat. i know he,s busy and some times loose,s track so if you don,t get a reply then send a reminder, he is obviously looking for help now

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/04/2014 23:44  

y do u think in not serous ?

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/04/2014 00:31  

i do Kay we,r getting posts on here that are not relevant to the heading Organisers needed

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/04/2014 05:38  

Chillout Bikebill. This is a social site .

Nowt wrong with a few lighthearted posts and a bit of humour. Indeed, a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at oneself is a desirable characteristic in an official organiser . Ya can't please all of the people all of the time and those ya don't please WILL let you know about it in the forum after an event they personally thought could be done better. (remember all those delightful posts , from the top down , after kiss 3.

Ya plan things the best ya know how BUT ,,

IF YA F..K UP . Ya stand back up . Ya organise the next one.

Ya won't get far without a sense of humor .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/04/2014 11:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email