MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Extra BM Events Organisers needed

Extra BM Events Organisers needed (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Extra BM Events Organisers needed (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Extra BM Events Organisers needed

Leeds is Northern in a Uk site when that is 300 miles from anything that isn't even remotely North makes me chuckle.... I presume you all mean Northern England

More UK maps for secret Santa methinks Stirling (gateway to NORTH) 230 miles from Leeds and 420 from London.

But then for us who actually organise "Northern" bike runs we rarely see anyone South of York/Liverpool.

Talk is cheap as they say.

You all get out of biking what you put into it and the only thing that stops you is yourselves. Being aware of what is available to you and what you can bring to BM events is in your hands

Being aware of what is the UK and not just a few miles from your door is a great start if you want to organise any trips

Or my comments reminding you we live in the UK not England

Update Reply
madscots @ 22/11/2014 00:58  

Ouch! Well thats my legs well n truly slapped. lol. I presume an apology for not referring to myself as a Northern England gal is in order... sorry!

I have been referred to as a Northerner all my life and so it is difficult to think of myself as anything but, however point taken.

I am well aware of how far Leeds is from Scotland thank you, and also how far Stu travels each n everyday of his working life too, often covering the same distance x 4 times in a day.

What i would like to say is that Scotland is somewhere i have been on many occasions over the years and it has many wonderful places as well as scenery and roads. Stu n I visited ourselves this year for a few days and had an amazing time (thank you Madscots for the details you gave us). We will be back and have every intention of trying to drag others (northern or not but defo English) with us too. You have been warned **chuckle**

We also have been South (Hampshire via London) and West-ish (North Wales) and many places in between this year so we dont just go out locally. Our plan for Italy was scuppered by Stu's major health worries and my back injury but it is still defo on the cards.

I can understand your frustration that you dont see many English takers for events you run as i have on occasions found it hard to motivate those who live within a 30 mile radius to try something different instead of the usual places, however I am mindful of personal choice, availability and monetary reasons for non attendance.

You are quite right, you do get out what you put in and it is of course a personal choice as to whether you wish to organise an event/rideout and get praise or backlash on completion of said event/rideout. Before, you jump in here re backlash, this was not something i was involved in but i am aware of another BM member having a really hard time after an event for something that WASNT IN THEIR CONTROL. I found this to be out of line and totally unacceptable.

Perhaps this is why very few people want to get involved as part of the event team and much prefer to organise small gatherings of friends as they know that they wont get, for want of a better phrase, tarred n feathered should things go wrong?

Thanks for the reminder about living in the UK, Madscots, i often forget where i live (in told its my age!). Although i do remember than i am a Yorkshire woman to the core (often referred to as a Northerner!).

Good Luck all you potential event organisers out there.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/11/2014 10:34  

Just cos beer isnt thick creamy and have 2inchs of thick white froth on the top it dosnt mean its flat!

London ales tend to be clear with little or no head with a light sparkle. Its not flat . Grrrrr

As for traveling i find many people are to scared to test the range of there fuel tanks. Many will refuse to go more than 80-100 miles in a day. Its amazing how many from the south as well as from the north even think its nessecery to get there bike fully serviced to go from leeds to london or vica virsa. 20 years ago we would just get on any old clunker and just do it. Bikers are getting soft, time to man up.

As for arranging events how many people actuly bother to turn up. I have planned many a run only to be the only bike to pitch up!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2014 17:22  

Can't you take a hint?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2014 17:37  

I see the diplomacy trading has paid off the xk.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/12/2014 10:53  

I could do with some help at KISS5.
Nowt major, just a few hours here n there, to help the pressure off those who have selflesshly stood up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2015 18:55  

I offered xk, but you havent indicated whether you want my help as yet.

I can do admin stuff n help out with bands/music as previously discussed.

Why not list what you need help with on the thread and then folk can see if there is something they can help with?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/01/2015 23:36  

Your offer is appreciated, but as you arn't attending, this could cause problems on the weekend. No offence intended, and any suggestions you come up with will be gratefully received.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/01/2015 17:10  

I won't be attending for the whole weekend, XK, but happy to offer a couple hours doing something. Perhaps confirm nearer time. It's my triple birthday weekend so will need to fit around parties/cake making!!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/01/2015 21:22  

No worries xk, i will leave it in your capable hands. I have passed on a couple of contacts to you already so that can be my contribution.

Good luck with organisation and hope everything goes smoothly.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/01/2015 22:48  

think your posting in the wrong topic XK

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/01/2015 23:11  

Hi all
as the summertime approaches we are looking to dramatically increase our events team with some new fresh energy.
If you regularly organise biking events in your neighbourhood - from small ride outs, BBQs, pub visits etc... up to festival level.... then we want to hear from you.
Please help us compile the most extensive motorcycling events calendar in the UK.
Volunteers from all over the UK are needed - particularly around the outskirts and corners of the UK.
If you're interested in putting your name down, please email me via the Contact page....
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/contact.asp?...l_to=admin
Thanks
Matt
BM Admin

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/06/2015 09:39  

Have you permission from Matt (site owner) to advertise on here Roblancer?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2015 10:52  

Haha obviously not Roblankybo ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2015 00:43  

Can you get a little more help with the IT team checking out and uploading the event requests?
Dusty's camping weekend at Tibbie is now only 3 nights away and not up on the calendar and I've got a submission pending for a social on Thursday 20th too.
People are arranging events but only know about full members who plan to come and who can post in a thread - stops us contacting standard members if the event isn't up to add their name to.
Yes, I know you all volunteer and do your best (and are entitled to time off attending events!) but an extra hand or two might help fill the calendar up and keep the site lively.
Many thanks.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/08/2015 09:44  

Mwah! Thank you.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/08/2015 12:37  

Definately going to KISS rally now. Hoping to meet new friends but will probably need help putting my tent up lol or will be sleeping in my car. ??

Update Reply
Phoenix691 @ 24/08/2015 07:57  

Phoenix, I'm sure there'll be a millions knights in shining armour/leather (delete as appropriate) to lend a hand

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/09/2015 21:10  

Hi all,
just so you know we're always looking for new events staff.
Please let me know directly if you're interested in helping organise some events.

Thanks
Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/09/2016 20:04  

Messaged you matt about an event I've organised

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 22/09/2016 00:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email