MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Favourite Biking Road/Route/Area

Favourite Biking Road/Route/Area - Forums [Biker Match] Favourite Biking Road/Route/Area - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Favourite Biking Road/Route/Area

Seems like its always the same sort of thing on this forum so I thought I would come up with something new to discuss....

What is your favourite biking road/route/area....

I personally have so many ...my favourite part of the country for biking because of the lovely roads and scenery is North Wales...can't beat it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2014 00:37  

Oh thank-you Bbbb, there my roads : yes My'n

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2014 01:18  

Scotland, especially argyll area. Road fort William to skye Or lake district. Any road really if is sunny pmsl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2014 04:29  

cant beat the roads in north yorkshire absolutly fab.one of my personal favs is the roads between malton and fridaythorpe ooh and also the road from ours to squires the back way we stay off the main roads as much as poss up here cos the back roads are much quieter and faster to ride woooohooo

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 08/02/2014 07:18  

From the Midlands, my favourite is the run down to the Cotswolds, up through Balsall Common, down toward Hatton, down to the big M42 island and out to Stow, up through Moreton in the Marsh (Cuppa and a cake TIME)and down do Bourton on the Water for fish and chips.

also like the run to Matlock, up through ashbourne and out that way.

Other than that I generally get lost, but who cares, your out and about .

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 08/02/2014 09:05  

Love the old coast roads in Cornwall

Update Reply
JP @ 08/02/2014 09:08  

Derbyshire S Yorks borders. nice windey hilly craggy rides ohh and Hampshire hills full or fast sweeping B roads.

Just watch out for the helicopters!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2014 09:43  

Ooh yes Stuie. Hampshire roads. Not had the chance to ride em yet, but love em in the car. I like the New Forest roads.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 08/02/2014 09:53  

I use’s to play on the A6 from Preston to Levens Ln on to A590 right into A5074 then
Pickup A592 Kirkstone pass to A66 Penrith get my nerves back up M6 to <?xml:namespace prefix = "st1" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Carlisle</st1:place> , Carlisle Party time they was the days

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2014 15:46  

Aren't we lucky to have so many wonderful biking roads/routes!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2014 00:19  

All the suggestions so far +1 ....Wales +Scotland

Love the west country too ....Exmoor spot on

so I am off to Beaminster Crewkerne Chard ....Route 303 Diner (lunch).....Exmouth and the coast road to Weymouth.

Its going to be little bit gusty and there's going to be floods and crap on the road but hey I have a Multistrada.....eats that for breakfast.

Well done Rowan ...yes the New Forest is loads of fun, I have a blitz after work occasionaly. Its one of the places where loud pipes really do save lives (frightens the horses away)

see you out there

Andy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2014 09:22  

I am quite envious Android...a blast after work occasionally...lovely. Downside to New Forest, the cows don't move as fast as the horses, if they move at all (stubborn ol things) and of course the cattle grids. Mind you on a strada you probably don't notice them :-)

Beautiful on an early misty morning

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 09/02/2014 09:32  

West coast of Scotland north of Fort William all the way to Durness - incredible.
Northumberland is pretty damn good too provided you don't mind the absence of other traffic ;-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/02/2014 21:18  

yes Steve_H I use's to do jedburgh to canonbie when the A7 got closed in a 44 ton'er that was fun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2014 22:05  

I like the A697 for heading north, Keilder for silliness and the border back roads for just mooching about and taking in the views.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/02/2014 19:28  

I like the A697 for heading north, Keilder for silliness and the border back roads for just mooching about and taking in the views.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/02/2014 19:28  

the road to Skye from Fort Augustus, huge wide expanse of nothingness.....the road thru glen coe for th hoon factor

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 15/02/2014 14:45  

Ah but let us not forget the A861... get off the Corran ferry and turn left :-))))))) FBG
Try street view so see what I mean.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/02/2014 20:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email