MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride out - End of March - North Wales

Ride out - End of March - North Wales (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride out - End of March - North Wales (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride out - End of March - North Wales

Just been told about Hollingworth Lake....never been so don't know. Anyone been?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 12:14  

I've not been but it's not far from Rochdale, just Googled it.

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 22/01/2014 12:20  

oooo check you out lmao....well guess who is sorting that route out then

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 12:33  

Any one wanting help with reckkies into derbyshire and the correct side of the pennines give me a buzz

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2014 12:35  

yokshire is correct side

Update Reply
havfun @ 22/01/2014 12:45  

@HavFun .. of course Yorkshire is the rightside @Stuie. knows that, he has been educated very well

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/01/2014 13:11  

hang on.....Lancashire is the right side...Yorkshire is the dark side

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 13:19  

Lancashire's the right side or should that be the left side

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 22/01/2014 13:48  

well that depends...my left or your left?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 13:48  

You're confusing me again now

Where an I sorting the route for, Cumbria/Lakes or the Rochdale thing?

I72

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 22/01/2014 13:49  

If we're doing Cumbria/Lakes we've gotta go Devilsbridge but want suggestions for other places and I'll get a route together. we could do with at least one good Café

I72

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 22/01/2014 15:09  

sounds like you are doing both to me (my left is your right)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 16:52  

Nope if we're doing the Rocdale thing then I think everyone can make their own way being as it's local NW, just meet at the venue

I72

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 22/01/2014 17:20  

OK caffs, one of these two I reckon:

Filling Station Cafe, Crosthwaite Rd, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5PR.

Open daily with a bike night on Saturdays. Recommended by Dave Evans; "It's a small retro bike-themed diner with a 1960 classic motorcycle in the window. The food is excellent and they sell great proper coffee. There's ample parking and the cafe is only a few yards from the A66 at Keswick. The staff are very friendly and the food is of a high quality with good portion sizes. Highly recommended."

Hartside Top Cafe, Alston, Cumbria, CA9 3BW

Open daily March to October 09:00 - 17:00, November 10:00 - 16:00 and December until February according to weather. Fantastic views and great food in a cafe that stands in splendid isolation five miles from anywhere. Used as a staging post for rideouts by numerous biking groups and attracting up to 2,000 bikers at weekends in summer.

Any preferences?

I72

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 22/01/2014 17:52  

Hi Jo, thought this was a North Wales run lol, yeb count Martin and I in. Look forward to a catch up with ya soon hun x

Update Reply
newbikerchick @ 22/01/2014 19:35  

Hey sweetie. it still just kinda morphed

No date set yet so if you have a pref let me know, it will be good to catch up

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 19:42  

I'd be up for any ride out in North Wales and the Lakes, would have room for a pillion for the Lakes but not too sure for the Wales ride. Available most weekends too

Update Reply
ShadowLady @ 22/01/2014 21:12  

Ooh happy days SLady.....always need riders willing to take a pilly.

Am not allowed to take a pilly yet, but not sure anyone else could fit on with me lmao......oh if only I could laugh my arse off.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/01/2014 21:20  

havnt been able to post for a bit,but in reply to pots post "100mls isnt far" well for some it is especially when you factor in that its 100 mls there we would probably do a ride of about 150mls and then 100 back home thats a round trip of 350 mls.thats gonna cost me and russ 3 tanks of fuel for russ @ about £55 and 2.5 tanks for me at £50 so over £100 for a ride out thats what the problem is not the miles we have a wedding to pay for and we cannot afford to throw money around sorry guys would love to come but like i said without bieng negative most of the rides and meets for us are way over the other side or down the bottom half of the country and its just to expensive with the cost of fuel with us having two bikes not just one and im sorry if this post sounds narky its not i just wish people wouldnt automatically think it was just because of the distance when its not

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 23/01/2014 06:02  

Tis alright burd. Will be saving to cover petrol costs myself and I don't have the added expense of a wedding. I am hoping for a fair few rides being sorted your way as well. The plan is to get a good range/network of different routes for all over the north, and then people can jump on the ones they want. The thread kinda morphed from a wales trip to other destinations.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2014 07:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email