MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scottish Whisky Tour

Scottish Whisky Tour - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish Whisky Tour - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scottish Whisky Tour

I know this was suggested once before but then didnt happen. Anyway I AM doing this between sunday 15 june and sun 22 june ....not booked yet but will be by mid feb. thought id ask and see if anyone would like to come along. Im not really interested in changing plans at this stage with the exception that i would camp if the majority preferred it. heres the plan. Whisky Tour Itinery<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Sunday 15 Jun 2014- Sunday 22 June 2014<o:p></o:p> Sunday<o:p></o:p> 15-Jun<o:p></o:p> Ride to Isle of Skye. Overnight at Saucy Marys Hostel, Kyleakin<o:p></o:p> Isle of Skye IV41 8PH tel. 01599 534845 from £18pppn www...NT><o:p></o:p> Distillery : Talisker (you'd have to do this sunday last tour 4pm cost £7.00)<o:p></o:p> Monday<o:p></o:p> 16-Jun<o:p></o:p> 10.45 am Ferry from Armadale to Mallaig £16.60<o:p></o:p> www...NT><o:p></o:p> Monday<o:p></o:p> 16-Jun<o:p></o:p> Overnight at Ariundle Bunkhouse, Anaheilt, Acharacle, Highland PH36 4JA Tel 01967 402279<o:p></o:p> www...NT> from £18pppn or £24 b&b<o:p></o:p> Tuesday<o:p></o:p> 17-Jun<o:p></o:p> 11.45am Ferry Kilchoan to Tobermory £19.05<o:p></o:p> www...NT><o:p></o:p> Tuesday<o:p></o:p> 17-Jun<o:p></o:p> Overnight at Dervaig Hostel, Dervaig Village Hall, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, Argyll PA75 6QN tel 01688 400491<o:p></o:p> www.mull-hostel-dervaig.co.uk from £18pppn (reductions for 4 or more sharing) Wednesday<o:p></o:p> 18-Jun<o:p></o:p> As above<o:p></o:p> Distillery: Tobermory<o:p></o:p> Thursday<o:p></o:p> 19-Jun<o:p></o:p> 10.55am Ferry Craignure to Oban £25.55<o:p></o:p> www...NT><o:p></o:p> Ride from Oban to Kennacraig<o:p></o:p> 6pm Ferry Kennacraig to Port Ellen £22.45<o:p></o:p> Thursday<o:p></o:p> 19-Jun<o:p></o:p> Overnight at SYHA Hostel in Port Charlotte From £18pppn (plus £2 temp membership fee)<o:p></o:p> www...NT><o:p></o:p> Friday<o:p></o:p> 20-Jun<o:p></o:p> as above<o:p></o:p> Distilleries: Laphroaig, Bowmore, Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Bunnahabhain<o:p></o:p> Jura on the ferry from Port Askaig to Feolin £5.10 Saturday <o:p></o:p> 21-Jun<o:p></o:p> 3.30pm Ferry from Port Askaig to Kennacraig £22.45<o:p></o:p> www...NT><o:p></o:p> Saturday<o:p></o:p> 21-Jun<o:p></o:p> Overnight at Inverary Hostel PA32 8XD <o:p></o:p> www...NT><o:p></o:p> from £17pppn<o:p></o:p> all ferry prices quoted are single journey for one bike and rider. additional charges apply for passengers The whisky visits arent compulsary! and you would get 2 days each on Islay & Mull to explore the area if you've seen enough distilling! I have a couple of (none BM) friends interested and due to Calmac restrictions on numbers we could be restricted to around 8 bikes on some crossings.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/01/2014 13:46  

the web links dont look right but they are working

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/01/2014 13:47  

Bugga, finishes on Farmyard w/end!

Does this fit in with Calmac's discounted island hopping?

I would def go camping nice days to keep the cost down; save the hostels for wet days.

And all assuming I gotta job???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2014 18:00  

Well I wudnt go to farmyard if ya paid me lol sort of fits in with obe of calmacs offers but only saves 5.65 lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/01/2014 22:39  

Damn that sounds like fun, its a shame I am already completely wall to wall with stuff that month.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2014 21:54  

lol and thats why its the best time for me to go less bikes buzzing about coz theyre all at the farmyard or recovering from the TT excesses. :)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/01/2014 12:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email