MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Did you ever ...

Did you ever ... - Forums [Biker Match] Did you ever ... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Did you ever ...

... crash because you forgot the bike you were riding doesn't have ABS?

Or traction control?

Just a random thought that occurred to me while riding in the rain.
Never happened to me but I did often forget that Harleys don't lean very far.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 12/12/2013 17:52  

Fell off in petrol station because I forgot to put my feet down !

Update Reply
RickM @ 12/12/2013 17:56  

Riding 150 miles in the cold without a stop, feeling totally cold. mesmerised and thinking, should I be doing something other than 70 miles on the slip road before I hit that roundabout. Oh yes I have to slow down. ABS was dead handy

Update Reply
davidneale @ 12/12/2013 18:58  

I had a scarey moment laying a nice big darky going into a very fast tight bend extreamly hot, just as my abs sensor failed (yes i was gong in fast, in fact some would say i was racing :-/ )

Stayed shiney side up but 70mph broad side pegs down on an r1200rt isnt realy ideal if you were intending to let the tech let you do naughty things!
And yes i still managed to beat my mates i was riding with round the bend 8-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2013 22:31  

get in to the wrong tent at a rally i only did it once thou

Update Reply
kaycat @ 12/12/2013 22:38  

The thing to do at a rally is to fall asleep outside someone else's tent
then wake up, unzip the door, stick your head inside and throw up.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 12/12/2013 23:12  

owwwwww

Update Reply
kaycat @ 12/12/2013 23:26  

Got to a petrol station once and forgot I had my youngest son pillion .....went to get off and couldn't get my leg down in time ...something was in the way....Doh

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/12/2013 08:02  

Not long after I passed (i'm going with the newbie excuse). Where I had parked up there was a small stone pillar, I had moved the bike to ride off. Started to pull away, but hadn't taken into consideration my panniers would kind of, er, well get in the way. One on the left made contact with the post and the bike tipped over. On the up, luckily I had panniers on so could pick the bike up on my own and I don't think anyone saw what happened.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/12/2013 08:17  

Pulling a bigger wheelie than my mate on the way to the grey goose in gedling notts I was on an rsv mille ,,,,,,,, nice big wheelie going past the old pit entrance forgetting the local feds park there ,,,,,,,, think the race pipe gave me away ,,,,, the nice policeman on the side of the road made the slap on the wrist sign pointed to the road with the 2 sign lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/12/2013 08:33  

I carelessly threw my leg over the back of my exs honda 750, and continued off the other side, taking him n the bike with me.

Id forgotten that i had a huge bag of tools round my shoulders n the weight carried me over n off!

I jumped to my feet, checked all the neighbours windows just to make sure no one had seen and THEN asked if he was ok!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/12/2013 20:49  

I crashed because I forgot I'm not as good as I think I am

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 17/12/2013 18:59  

@ GBNP, nice one

Update Reply
centurion @ 17/12/2013 19:11  

Thanks @centurion. I must admit it was done with such style n grace i was proud of myself!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/12/2013 09:42  

Have to confess to that one too gpnp in Asda car park. Not one person came to help so I had to wait for the ex to get off his bike and for him to stop laughing all the while pinned under my bike as foot still on the peg!

Update Reply
teenybash @ 19/12/2013 10:10  

Here is another one ...

Years ago at a rally, feeling amorous me n partner were getting '
Jiggy' in tent it was obvs noisy n all of a sudden there was a blaze of headlights then a major roar n cheering followed by lots of whistling n banter ... We carried on not a care in the world.. eventually after a hour or so all was quiet...

Nothing wrong there you say .... Except when we crawled out of the tent the next morning to cheers, applause and whoops only to be told that the lights were behind our tent and everyone had a perfect shadow/silhouette show of the proceedings... Oh the embarrassment!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/12/2013 13:33  

Hasn't put you off though .GBNP.. lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2013 16:05  

Oh, so that was YOU!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2013 17:00  

***chortle***

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/12/2013 00:02  

If your noisey enough they dont need the head lights !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2013 21:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email