MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Reivers. Another northern camp?

Reivers. Another northern camp? (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Reivers. Another northern camp? (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Reivers. Another northern camp?

You want to think carefully about wussing, Steve; first the luxury accommodation at Tibbie and now considering bringing the car.
I suppose we could do a purely social meet, but the hope was that there might be good enough weekends to get some riding done. Reckon if we can be spontaneous it can be by bike but if it needs to be arranged ahead then it might end up being cars. So many variables!

Nice thought Richard, and I do indeed want to, but I'm saving my diesel and beer pennies for new tyres - I still don't think you believe I can ride and I'd never live down turning up by car, again!

Might you be interested in the re-scheduled Erskine Poker Run? It's on 6th October and I've another thread about it, or you can PM me.
Good luck with getting an op soon. x

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 18/09/2013 09:14  

Xmas in a log cabin anyone ? Answer 1 = can't go , coz of family , Answer 2 = love to go , coz of family,Answer 3= love to go , if I can get away with it !Disgraceful Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 18/09/2013 09:55  

I think we should make a rule that ;although cars are ok . The occupants should not arrive with full race leathers and a lid. Tweed jackets and flat caps ; optional x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 18/09/2013 10:01  

LOL, good rule, especially as I don't have race leathers. Mind, I don't have tweed either, it'll be tight pencil skirt and high heels - but a won't expect you all to adopt that as the uniform!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 18/09/2013 10:59  

sorry not gonna make this weekend, i have some plans that are a tad quieter after last weekends shindig, drank far too much and still sore after wearin a corset for far too long on saturday nite..hoping to visit Raymondo and other folk that i met last weekend, but will catch up with u soon, Richard meet anytime for a coffee and Steve H im sure i'll be around your neck of the woods at some point..I have evryones mobile so will keep in touch.

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 18/09/2013 18:20  

Do I really have to wear a frock? Again? People are starting to talk ...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 18/09/2013 19:52  

Steve, frocks, like tweed jackets and flat caps, are entirely optional - but if you're comfortable in them, then who are we .....

Dusty, you got a log cabin in mind; not up an alpine mountain but closer to home?
Answer 4 = love to go, don't have anyone to answer to!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 18/09/2013 22:39  

I like being with my family an JP at christmas so not me

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 18/09/2013 23:18  

Hi Izzy , I was thinking of Mon thru Fri . A full turkey dinner on wed . Plus secret Santa (£10.00 max) bike related. Depends on nomber of bodies but £100 quid is more than enough. D x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/09/2013 15:35  

Yup, I could manage that, work closes between Xmas and New Year and I've plenty of days to take for the Mon/Tue.
See who else is interested and firm up on costs & deposit later - when would it need to be booked by?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 19/09/2013 17:01  

I'll see the guys at the wknd . As with all things; book now for guaranteed accommodation . Book late for possible but cheaper accommodation . Lol
D xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/09/2013 18:19  

I've received a few offers for luxury cabins. 6berth inc hot tub . Two doubles and one twin £540 mon to fri; looks good.
It's difficult to find single or twin rooms.
Could try a bit of Glamping . I would pre cook a turkey crown and cook the rest on the day or,,,,, turkey curry lol . I imagine that this would be a 'car' xmas and pretty drunk most of the time . I do enjoy a good 4day party !!
D x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/09/2013 21:43  

So that'd be £180 per room if not got anybody to share. Not bad for 4 nights if facilities are good. Better if able to halve it!
I don't suppose yurts would come much cheaper - certainly not over the Christmas week.
Cars very much a necessity - to get the turkey and all the booze there!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 19/09/2013 22:38  

6 berth yurt 1 Dub 4 single £4180inc own shower and toilet . Looks very lovely . Fully insulated inc log burner and kitchen . No oven .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/09/2013 23:31  

Err, £4180? Just want to rent it a few days - not buy it!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 20/09/2013 08:35  

oops £418 .
P.s . Having a wonderful time in Dent. Xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 21/09/2013 20:16  

Now that sounds a great deal. Can live without the oven and go the curry option - plus a log burner for atmosphere too, cozeeee!

Glad you're enjoying yourself, I'll pop across and read the other thread.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 21/09/2013 21:28  

I'm gonna start a new thread for a bigger Dent.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/09/2013 17:50  

Noooo, shhhh, keep it quiet! Reivers.

Glad you had such good weather this time.
How soon you thinking of going back?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 22/09/2013 18:47  

Always glad of the opportunity of making a bigger Dent in life(groan). Good one Steve , one of the nicest sites I've been on . I'll look forward to Margaret's breakfast barmcakes.
A couple of very welcoming pubs and a cafe.
A great base for a lakeland or Dales rideout. I realy enjoyed riding through the clouds on the high mountain pass's . Glorious.
X

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/09/2013 20:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email