MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Reivers. Another northern camp?

Reivers. Another northern camp? - Forums [Biker Match] Reivers. Another northern camp? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Reivers. Another northern camp?

Anyone up for another camp before the years out?
It's gotta be somewhere with a decent camp site and a pub or two. And of course some interesting roads otherwise what's the point!
Dent is an option but I'm open to suggestions.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/09/2013 18:24  

id be up for some days out , campsite permitting, after the end of sept I have no work (retiring he he )and not "off" to Italy till mid nov probably, so keen to explore Scotland/north as much as poss1

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 01/09/2013 20:57  

. Lovely idea. I would like to go somewhere with tarmac , green grass and blue skies .
A bit of notice to book some hols required . x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 01/09/2013 23:53  

sounds good but no holls left

Update Reply
havfun @ 02/09/2013 11:03  

I was thinking of a weekend do. Camp Friday & Saturday, ride out Saturday, home Sunday.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/09/2013 11:12  

Aparently I ride too slow for you...so maybe I'll give it a miss this time

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 02/09/2013 12:01  

Cobblers. Get yourself along. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/09/2013 12:14  

Quite right Steve, and I'll be on my own wheels so you'll have company!

Definitely up for another outing, count me in.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/09/2013 13:39  

if its a "week end" fri-sun, and camping in Scotland after September, I may have to look for a cheep B N B!!

yes it is possible im getting old!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 02/09/2013 13:45  

A minimum of two days is ok but if it's sunny I could stay to monday .
As for fast riding , I'm quite happy to sit at the back enjoy the scenery and catch up at the stops.
I may have a novice pilly with me and if so . I'll probably end the run covered with cobwebs lol .
Although ,,,,,,,, scaring the pants off her . Does have a certain appeal . (perv)
Look forward to posting my pic on the event page
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/09/2013 14:29  

Same here re the fast stuff, I'm perfectly happy to pootle along chilling with the world.
Although it does help if I'm not in the lead cos the little devil pops on my left shoulder and starts whispering "faster, faster, faster"

Big Scotland is a bit far for a weekender, I was thinking more Dales, Lakes, Northumberland or the Borders.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/09/2013 14:37  

How about Keilder area?

Anyone know Boe Rigg campsite? Unfortunately no pub around that I can see but looks well equipped and says it's £7pp.

Or the Demesne Farm in Bellingham which has the village and pubs on it's doorsteps; as a bonus it quotes a motorcyclist tariff of £8pp so it ought to be biker friendly...

Both within easy reconnoitering distance for either Dusty or Steve if you're out pootling

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/09/2013 15:58  

ok but no micky takin abut how fast i take corners, i have a new bike remember and i dont know the roads at all, so yeah i do plod along around corners, but i did get back home that sunday at just ovr 2hrs which is pretty good goin for me

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 02/09/2013 15:58  

might do bnb meself too if theres any available....when in crewe last year at the piggin rally....there was frost on the ground in septembet
and it was freezin at night

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 02/09/2013 16:51  

Izzy I'll have a look up that way next time I can.
No pub there but Boe Rigg's are licensed according to the web site. Actually it looks like a cools place.
Another option is Demesne Farm in Bellingham (also pubs, hotels and B&B's).
Weather permitting I'll have a ride out there tomorrow and check it all out.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/09/2013 17:39  

When are you thinking about dates wise?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 02/09/2013 18:34  

I was thinking sometime in September. Possibly a northern alternative to the KISS for those of us that don't have passports to head south of Yorkshire

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/09/2013 18:38  

The kiss is in 11 days time . Not sure I'll get the time off . The boss struggles to get the wknd covered .
No doubt I'll bump into you all somewhere in the future . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 02/09/2013 19:22  

No fixed dates yet Dusty, just wondering what everyone can do.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/09/2013 20:05  

Hey Steve,
just putting a possible Lakes venue in the Reivers Melting Pot !!

Check out Grizedale Campsite, Satterthwaite, Cumbria, camping £7 a night, open fires allowed, wood sold on site, also on site are six camping 'pods' if some folk didnae want to camp, just along the road is The Eagleshead in Satterthwaite village a former 16th century farmhouse now a pub, good meals and selection of real ales!
See what you think,
Cheers,
Richard

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2013 22:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email