MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How many people use the chat feature?

How many people use the chat feature? - Forums [Biker Match] How many people use the chat feature? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How many people use the chat feature?

Just wondered how many of you use the chat feature? There seem to be a hardcore of people use it especially late at night but other than that there doesn't seem to be many use it....I might be wrong.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2013 08:07  

Nah i don't go into the chat room , i can't type fast enough to keep up with the conversation
I'm a 2 finger typer , sometimes 1 finger depending what i've got in my other hand at the time
Think i'll join JP's 2 finger club

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2013 08:35  

I don't either............... Just never enjoyed online chatting, would rather have a face to face natter over a pint or a bacon sandwich. I do contribute regularly to the forum, and it is handy for asking questions etc, you generally get an answer which is helpful. Each to their own I guess, main point in all this is that you get out there on two wheels and have fun (or 3 in the case of you trikers) Ha just noticed the picky above, I hope Crimmy isn't parked on double yellow lines

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/08/2013 09:39  

There seem to be not going on much, specially during the day... maybe due to the nice weather and everybody is out riding... well that's what should be happening lol evenings usually is better although a lot seem to be out until later in the evening. In winter months is more activity in chat. New chatters are always welcome although it does seem usually the hard core chatters are in. Chat is a good way of making contact to others and I know that a lot of ad hoc meets are made in chat... I know I have been on a few of those. So jump in and make use of this feature...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/08/2013 09:41  

Can't type fast enough and my spelling is rubbish so I stay away.
Crimmy would be great to have you in the 2 finger club. Will have to work out a hand gesture so we will be spotted at meets

Update Reply
JP @ 23/08/2013 10:32  

I thnk alot of newbies are apprehensive about entering the chatroom as the banter going on seems to show that most folks in there know each other etc and they are abit wary of interupting i guess. I do tell folks just try it and see, doesnt suit everybody but its worth a go :)

I dont use it for the simple reason that as a Mod most folks assume i am in there checking up on then so they are more cautios about what they say lol silly really cos i can watch what they write anyways :)

Before being a Mod i wa sin there most nights having a laugh with folks and it was one of the ways i felt like i knew folk before going to a meet, so made it easier to go to stuff.

May be a good time for me to dispell a myth as well

MODS CAN NOT SEE OR READ YOUR WHISPERS

MODS CAN NOT SEE OR READ YOUR PM'S EITHER whilst i am here :)

You dont have to be the fastest typist or the wrold champ at spelling, have a go and see ow you fair SIMPLES :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/08/2013 11:26  

Have popped in a couple of times over the past few days (have this week off), but has been empty tbh.
I know from using other forums that the chat rooms can be a tad daunting if you aren't used to them but once you get into the swing they can be a great crack :-).

Also am sure no-one minds if people nip on and just have a lil watch the first time to get the gist & flow before throwing themselves feet first or until they feel they have summut to add.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2013 11:51  

It's not just about spelling and typing fast that I stay out of there. Can you imagine how much trouble I would get into and how many slaps I would have in my inbox waiting to be downloaded. As for the the real slaps heading my way that just doesn't bear thinking about

Update Reply
JP @ 23/08/2013 12:17  

NO JP! surely not, lmao, a timid soul like you, getting slaps lined up? hard to believe. But the only way to really get up to speed in the chatroom is to get in there and have a go, I am also a 2 finger typist and I mange fine enough, the more you do it, the more memory your fingers (all 2 of them ) build up and as such the faster your responses become.
As for the chatroom being empty recently, I can only put it down to the good weather we have been having, up until the weather broke the room was very popular and busy most nights to the point where it was verging on the manic with the banter being thrown around.
You only get out what you put in, and trying to stay neutral as I try to do is always a plus. I do however disagree with opinions and comments on occasion, and voice my own when I feel strongly enough to deem it necessary.
One thing I do try to bear in mind is,' if I have nothing good to say, I have nothing to say '.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2013 12:46  

Perhaps 'chat' on facebook first, or other social site, with a friend, so you get your typing speed up, then chatting in the BM chat room won't seem so daunting? Altho it doesn't matter to the regulars, if you type slowly or can't spell, cos it's not a test. They would be glad to have new friends to chat with.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/08/2013 12:57  

I'm a founder member of the 2 finger brigade But I manage OK in the chat room Newbies are ALWAYS welcome If you're apprehensive about joining in the banter Just dive in & introduce yourself then sit back & "watch" for a while Always a warm welcome in our chat room You'll soon get the hang of it and put your 2 penn'orth in

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/08/2013 13:52  

Popped in on only a couple of times but I'm sure it's not as daunting as folks might thing. Emzed your a good advocate fair play to you mate

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 25/08/2013 07:48  

i do freqent the cat room opps i meen chat room i like it in there its a good place to chat and sort out last minuet meet ups or arrange a coffie if your out and about i cant spell at all and i type with lots of fingers some times all at the same time xxxxx i like the toy box in there but emz has the key so only alowed to play with it after the water shed i like the crayons but i dont eat them enymore xx
it is a good place to start to get to no someone and there no presserto type or keep up i never keep up ...........o squirrel were was i ..........so pop in to chat there is always a worm welcome to new bmers and old BJ be nice to seya in there xx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 25/08/2013 08:30  

Worm welcome? Kat , I like worms, they feel nice and cool in my hands

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/08/2013 11:17  

Lol Sandi.

I use the chat room.... Have met and made lots of friends via the chat room. Can be a bit mad... Actually a LOT mad at times but all good fun. It was in the chat room that I first "met" Steve who I am now engaged to.

Get in the chat room and five it a go. If there is nobody home, just keep trying and eventually someone will drop by and say hello.

See you in there!

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 25/08/2013 15:31  

see even the mods dont mind i cant spell

Update Reply
kaycat @ 25/08/2013 23:03  

...It was in the chat room that I first "met" Steve who I am now engaged to. Erm excuse me Modom, you kept that quiet dint ya? CONGRATULATIONS! to you both X

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/08/2013 23:39  

The chat room can be daunting, but its good to just sit back and watch and join in when you can. The biggest prob as other people have pointed out is that some people seem to know each other very well and you can feel like an "outsider". The best part is when you CAN join in, maybe the chat gets a bit risque and then you can have a good laff. Just don't take anything too seriously cos MOST ppl are not out for trolling/abuse.

BUT thats the whole point of being in BM, chat, laff, message, nod, meet, go tto events, just meet up with a few folks; altogether its a good medium and i think the chat is a good part of the whole thing.

LONG LIVE THE CHAT ROOM i say!!!!!!!

Update Reply
DukeZ @ 26/08/2013 13:16  

always a warm welcome when I've been in chat. just like bein noisy . great bunch who go in there

Update Reply
sladey @ 26/08/2013 21:22  

Thanks Sandi.... Getting married October next year so defo a BM wedding :)

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 26/08/2013 22:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email