MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Insurance renewal tip

Insurance renewal tip - Forums [Biker Match] Insurance renewal tip - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Insurance renewal tip

If you want to renew your insurance with the same company, then do this to save money (I just saved 1,150 pounds on my BlackBird)... Go to their website Start a NEW QUOTE as a NEW CUSTOMER (Not existing). Fill in all the details accurately Get the quote. This will ALWAYS be cheaper than your renewal, for 2 reasons... 1) They want new business 2) You normally get a 10% discount for buying online - you save them call-centre costs. So, you get the quote - then email/phone then demanding an explaination as to why the online quote is up to 70% less than stated in your renewal letter. Tell them that you think it's disgraceful to treat existing customers in such a way and that you are taking your business elsewhere. THEN - they will offer you the same quote as online, PLUS a further discount as an appology. All in all - I probably cost my insurance broker more money than they're making :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/09/2007 12:58  

Brilliant> that could apply to any type of insurance.

Update Reply
golden girl @ 03/10/2007 20:02  

One 'trick' I've noticed with insurance companies is they make a low quote when I'm a NEW customer then come renewal day the price goes up and is much the same as my previous insurance company's quote.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/10/2007 20:07  

that's the point Kwak. When u get ur quote, go to their site and do a new request as a new customer. Get the reference numbers etc and phone them up. Demand an explaination or to speak to the sales manager. I guarentee you'll get something from them

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2007 08:11  

I'll try that as my insurance runs out at the end of this month . Ta....

Update Reply
rattler @ 04/10/2007 11:51  

WORDS OF WISDOM !! WILL TRY AS MINE IS RUNNING OUT IN 6 WEEKS TIME.

Update Reply
busa70 @ 04/10/2007 12:13  

Thanks for that Matt, been doing it with my cars for years....never even thought about it for the bikes! DOH!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 04/10/2007 12:45  

Used to work at an insurance broker and basically they give their New Business dept more leaway to cut their own commission than the Renewals dept - even to the point of making no commission - in the attempt to bring in new customers The expectation then being that they will at least retain a % of these at renewal time Could I also plug A Quote who were recommended to me this year and cut 20% off the renewal quote from my existing insurer

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 04/10/2007 13:26  

Tell them also that it's disgraceful how they treat existing customer, and you will advise as many bikers as you can via internet forums. They wont want the bad publicity

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2007 17:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email