MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Touring europe

Touring europe - Forums [Biker Match] Touring europe - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Touring europe

Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm still funding my way about. I want to tour some European countries on my BMW R1150GS and would like some advice on the requirements of each country for motorcyclists.
The countries I want to visit are France, Spain inc. Andorra, Germany and Italy. I doubt I'll be doing them all in one go but the info I get may sway me as to which I do first. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Ryk

Update Reply
Rykoshay @ 20/06/2013 21:08  

Just done france and spain
..wot do u want to know exactly?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 20/06/2013 22:34  

Best advice?....
Don't get knicked for speeding... it's expensive!!
And allow yourself a free and easy timetable to explore, etc...
Just relax and go with it and you'll enjoy it more than ever

Update Reply
justjerry @ 20/06/2013 23:18  

The distances are huge. But the roads are superb. Got breathalysed onemmorning in spain. Cops were very nice about it oh and neg of course coz im not locked up. You need to carry all ur docs at all times...but they only asked for my licence. Toll rds are good to get from A to B quickly...can be a bit pricey 35 euro zaragoza to bilbao about 150mls.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/06/2013 00:20  

you got to carry 2 french breathalysers in France,high vis,triangle,bulb kit,first aid kit and GB Sticker.then just go enjoy it I just been Belgium and Germany a great time included German party come rally

Update Reply
bikerken @ 21/06/2013 00:37  

Cheers guys n gals, all good stuff n good to know. Can't wait to just go for it. Thinking about taking my tent n having best of both worlds in tents and hotels in equal measure if the sun does or doesn't shine. I think the Black Forest is a real possibility, lake Garda n Florence, west n south coast of France and Bilbao to Valencia via Pyrenees and Barcelona. Any thoughts?

Update Reply
Rykoshay @ 21/06/2013 00:54  

I just had appartment for 4 for 370euro for 10 days 2 of witch I put tent up at party and 1 night hotel in Dunkerk 25 pound for 2 I spent more on fuel did nearly 2000miles

Update Reply
bikerken @ 21/06/2013 01:02  

Just wanting to know any tips to do with legalities, cultures, dangers, safety or anything else I may need to be aware of? It's my first tour abroad. Bit of a novice. Did Scotland last year which was superb n learnt a lot. But being abroad would be harder to change things.
Already found out about requirements in France from Bikerken (cheers) and tolls from kwakgirl (ta). So all going into the memory bank. Cheers

Update Reply
Rykoshay @ 21/06/2013 01:02  

if you can get yourself a sat nav its easer than stopping to look at maps the only thing you got to watch you don't get stopped in France with speed camera warning switched on

Update Reply
bikerken @ 21/06/2013 01:11  

Sat nav! Pfffftttt. ....much more fun to get lost occassionally . Lol.....I though I wud have problems Riding on the right but that was easy....just want to go back now :)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/06/2013 04:46  

I have the sat Nav n intercom stuff and I'm sure that will come in useful for planning my routes but I agree, sometimes by getting lost we come across the pleasant unexpected. But thank god for maps n sat nabs too. Didn't know the French took offence to speed camera warnings! But then again they seem to take offence to everything, don't they? Lol
I just can't wait. Thinking of doing Poland too, I've got relatives there n I can speak the lingo! Anybody been there?

Update Reply
Rykoshay @ 21/06/2013 09:04  

you must have a lot of time and money on your hands Ryko if you can afford to do half of Europe lol......I take it the plan is more than one trip? :/

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/06/2013 10:52  

Yep... Just retired from work...n now it's me time!! Lol
Before I get back into the real world, I wanna have some fun!! And yes I plan on doing it more than once :-))

Update Reply
Rykoshay @ 21/06/2013 11:46  

do why your fit I know I did Austria,Germany,Belgium and a day in Italy great time last year and again this year.back to Belgium end of August an looking at Netherlands for a week as well.I might not have license next year so I'm doing what I can

Update Reply
bikerken @ 21/06/2013 12:44  

Is anyone else looking to do some trips to Europe this year?

Update Reply
Rykoshay @ 22/06/2013 14:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email