MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

new type of helmet

new type of helmet - Forums [Biker Match] new type of helmet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

new type of helmet

looks interesting can see + & - but then the same can be said about any lid http://vimeo.com/61179198

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 19/06/2013 21:25  

I don't think it will catch on long hair would be a problem and would be harder for removing by emergency services as you would need to be sitting up as they have to get both side catches .

Update Reply
JP @ 20/06/2013 06:15  

I like the idea that there isn't a chin strap as this is sometimes an issue when accidents occur (cant undo 'em!) ..... How 'strong' is the actual helmet if there is a joint in it ? Wouldn't that be a weak spot ?
I wonder if they do pink ones ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/06/2013 14:47  

Cant undo a chin strap ? CUT IT solved. The helmet is scrap anyway

Update Reply
JP @ 20/06/2013 16:26  

After seeing the vid' my first question is 'does the helmet leak at the hinge?' my second question is 'did anyone else think of Daffy Duck when John was speaking?' lol sorry but I did.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/06/2013 17:17  

Lmao Sandi,....I do now

RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/06/2013 20:13  

One of my friends died a few years ago and her helmet came off with the chin strap done up perfectly. The inquest said it 10000/1 chance of it happening, but it did. So sad. RIP Kez xxx

Update Reply
Tina_Hantz @ 20/06/2013 23:45  

think i'll just stick with my regular agv ....looks a bit gimmicky id say.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/06/2013 10:57  

i like it but like jp said think me hair would get stuck in it
like the idea about come in from the rear thou

Update Reply
kaycat @ 23/06/2013 20:35  

I like this idea ...I was wondering as GBC did about the strength of it . I did also think down the emergency route ..It does show in the video that it comes apart in case of an emergency ..But if you are lay on your side they would need to move you to undo one of the catches .... Maybe not so good ...

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 28/07/2013 09:43  

Me like .Me like. I think that's the dogz . As long as it doesn't move around in the wind .Plus , those guys that ride wearing shades. won't look like total pillocks trying to get their lid on and off lol Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 30/07/2013 21:11  

I think the new helmet is ok, but mine is a flip face I don't think it would work for me.

Update Reply
niki stone @ 02/09/2013 20:47  

I think the new helmet is ok, but mine is a flip face I don't think it would work for me.

Update Reply
niki stone @ 02/09/2013 20:47  

I think it looks good, better aerodynamics around the neck, so potentially a quiet helmet.

Update Reply
Pomtidom_67 @ 20/09/2013 11:03  

Bein a mechanism tho, which over time have tendency to fail..... This this thing gonna come undone esp if on bike at speed!! :o/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2013 17:48  

I agree with Hillsy41, to me anything with clips and locking mechanisms will eventually fail and it only needs to fail the once with devastating effect. I had fip face helmets for 3 yrs and all but 1 failed !! luckily prior to riding my bike. also they don't mention or show impact results.. i would'nt have one of these, not because its a new design but due to not trusting the strenght of the hinges which also come apart by a lever!!. No my head is precious to me and i want to keep it on me shoulders thanks..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2013 01:52  

I like the look of it. For me the issue will be if it gets rid of wind noise. THe large spaces around the base of conventional FF helmets allow the passing blast to create a hell of a racket. If it's quiet, I'm interested.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 08/10/2013 08:39  

Bit gimmicky but as in all new things there are always folk who will swear by it, love it or hate it, its out there...
Talking of which...I have used Arai for years, been very happy with my RX7 and still love it...however early this year I was looking for a spare helmet but at £600+ it was out of my range as a spare. THEN I saw the new REEVU helmet with rear view mirror system built in at a show, tried it, loved it, bought one...and now I swear by it... its like having eyes in the back of your head, covers all the blind spots and I swear by it with all the loonies out on the roads these days, cover all the bases when it comes to safety thats what I say...Try one on yourself and see. AND and and...its a British make too, made up in Washington Tyne and Wear in the North East... and at £259 direct from the manufacturer, its a no-brainer..it has full ACU Approval and many racers are now using them, especially in the USA.....and as for customer service, well when I phoned them I was unsure of what size to order as the sizing fell between sizes of my Arai... "No problem" they told me, "we'll send you two sets of innards to try and after finding which is correct then send other set back to us"... and after taking my payment I later that day received an email saying the helmet was on its way.... Two days later it was in my hands...NOW thats what I call service... I cannot praise REEVU enough and would thoroughly recommend them to all my friends and anyone else looking for a new lid...TRY ONE for yourself... Safe riding all....John

Update Reply
Rider10 @ 17/11/2013 21:14  

Nice post John I'll be checking out those helmets Might treat meself if they suit me When I have a "spare" £260

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/11/2013 17:46  

Hi Emzed....appreciate your comments matey. The REEVU has more than paid for itself since buying it. I sometimes have difficulty getting me head turned fully around either left or more importantly to the right for the "life saver" manoeuvre we are all conditioned to do, due to a long ago injury so being able to see more of the road at all times just by a quick glance at the optic saves time...and life I believe. I have showed it to a number of Advanced Riding Instructors and they all said that anything new that improves safety is a good thing, and I know two who have already now purchased... Talking to the guys at REEVU they say the only thing that holds them back in this country is the attitude of the big manufacturers who can attract extortionate prices from us suckers who wish to pay for "designer" labels...its the same the world over with any form of new product... and as so often the UK market is always behind when it comes to buying something new...no matter what it is....even though often we lead the world in design....hahaha

Update Reply
Rider10 @ 20/11/2013 17:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email