MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

'Ride-to-Work' Day, June 17th 2013 (National)

'Ride-to-Work' Day, June 17th 2013 (National) - Forums [Biker Match] 'Ride-to-Work' Day, June 17th 2013 (National) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

'Ride-to-Work' Day, June 17th 2013 (National)

Monday June 17th (the day after Father's day) is National Ride-to-Work day, part of International Ride-to-Work day Free Ride to Work Day breakfasts, company rides-out, special offers and Ride to Work Day prize draws will also take place at biker venues up and down the country. Keep checking the RtW website for updates For details of your local event go to www.ridetoworkday.co.uk

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/04/2013 13:02  

im not insured to ride my bike to work and dont think many people are if you check your policy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2013 14:05  

think im ok cose i work at a lesher pool so im going for a swimm after work will i get away with itb ??

Update Reply
kaycat @ 19/04/2013 14:17  

Those who really want to ride to work, who haven't got insurance already, will probably see to it, there's time to sort that out. Besides there are other activities taking place that they could ride to, if they aren't working or otherwise occupied. When I got insurance for my bike I always stated on the form that I would be riding it to work.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/04/2013 22:06  

i ride to work nearly everyday anyway lol

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/04/2013 18:04  

i might ride to work then. will be an interesting experience.

Update Reply
xj @ 20/04/2013 22:02  

wow i thought you guys were bikers i only use the car when temps dip to below freezing or if we have bad snow.how weird i thought everyone rode there bikes to work apart from the "ive bought the life" motorcyclists wow you learn stuff about peeps everyday dontcha

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/04/2013 07:59  

My daily commute, by bike is 96 miles, all year,rain sun or snow, i was racing snow ploughs down the a2 this year. It seemed ironic to me to have a ride to work day, i don't even have a car licence. But everyone rides as they do. Some purely for pleasure, some purely for a cheap commute, and some of us coz it's in the blood.

Update Reply
xj @ 21/04/2013 09:35  

If I were to ride to work every day the bike would look like Im going away for a week ....For some people its just not practical to do so .. When I get the chance I do ...but these chances are rare ....

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 21/04/2013 14:19  

I have ridden my bike to work (30 mile round trip) every single day apart from one week in the last two years, and that one week was only because the roads were impassable with snow. Ive no choice as I don't drive a car and can't afford to anyway

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 15:11  

well i guess not a biker then as i don't ride to work (apart from my helmet getting wet on the inside cose of my wet hair )
and i got all the gear too black boots black leathers, black biker jacket and black leather corset o and the bike
o wheel never mind ill be an emo then

and send my licence back that iv had 31 years

Update Reply
kaycat @ 21/04/2013 15:25  

hmmm i see same as always some peeps cant tell a jest when they see one.im not stupid i know not everyone can ride to work due to having to carry stuff etc etc etc.
god when will people learn not to take things so literally pmsl

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/04/2013 16:05  

I might ride to work on the 17th just for a bit of variety.
I usually use the car for the commute and the bike for pleasure. That's about 15K a year in the car and 10K on the bike.
I don't think I could afford 25K's worth of bike tyres and fettling a year

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/04/2013 19:15  

I ride to work twice a week for practice.
Work in hale near Altrincham, last week I had one of Sally Webster,s (from coronation street) children say very loudly, look mum a lady on a bike!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 22/04/2013 17:36  

Well I'm starting a new job in two weeks, so I'll be definitely riding to work... new job is about 15 miles away and the traffic can be horrendous apparently... so busting through the jams on a Harley should be fun...

On a secondary note, don't a lot of the Motorcycle Dealerships put on a something special for ride to work day? Free Doughnuts, Coffee, Free Greases etc?? Or is that just my three local Harley-Davidson Dealerships?

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 23/04/2013 06:54  

Erm...Harley_Rider me thinks you not read page one properly/at all lol The answer to your question is in my first post on page 1

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/04/2013 12:35  

OK... can I plead the Fifth and offer a plea of temporary insanity??

You're right... I got all excited at the first line and didn't read the rest...

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 24/04/2013 16:50  

I'm not riding to work,(profile picy)live on the job(caravan)

Update Reply
Onearmbandit52 @ 24/04/2013 19:33  

Alas i don't work these days..fulltime carer for my son...so i'll just have to have a rideout to show my support for you folks...maybe to the seaside for an ice-cream.. Unless someone wants a lift to and from work once my lad has gone off to school....Anyone on a late shift @ Stoke...???...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2013 09:15  

Toots, you need to ride round the block and back again to your place of work!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 25/04/2013 12:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email