MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Northumberland camp

Northumberland camp - Forums [Biker Match] Northumberland camp - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Northumberland camp

After much enthusiasm for the idea at Dent I'm thinking about planning a Northumberland camp.

14th to 16th June would be good as there seems to be not much else on.

I've yet to source a campsite but there are plenty about so that's the easy bit. I could do with an idea of possible numbers before I get into that.

The options for the ride out are many and varied.
You can visit the castles along the coast.Pop over go to Lindisfarne (but watch the tide times).If anyone fancies a bit of National Trust then Cragside is well worth a visit but you will want at least half a day. Hadrian's wall is still there despite the historical habit of pinching bits of it to build other things.
Or if none of that appeals just get inland of the A1 and play silly buggers on some great, scenic roads and visit the biker cafes for coffee and cakes. Kielder anyone?

In fact there is so much to do there it might be worth doing an extended weekend.

Well what do you all think? Anyone interested?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/04/2013 21:02  

Oh yes Roo and me want to go on this one, No doubt lee will want to attend as well.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 14/04/2013 21:22  

Steve, it's Father's day on the 16th, so some may have other plans that day BTW, once the date is set you may like to ask a mod to add the date to the title?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/04/2013 21:24  

does that meen us grandads can go out and play then

Update Reply
havfun @ 14/04/2013 21:30  

Well Norm, if you're a grandad I'd say it's a safe bet you're a DAD , but it's up to you how you spend Father's day init? Whatever you, and all the other dads, decide I hope it's a brill' weekend

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/04/2013 21:36  

I would like to join you good gents (and ladies)
but, week ends off are a rarity for me (2 out of 8)
and that one in (unfortunately) in Portugal on bike,

yes I know its a poor excuse XK.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 14/04/2013 21:37  

Fathers day?
Well spotted Sandi.
I suggest you all ask your offspring to donate to Dad's beer, petrol and tyre fund.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/04/2013 22:26  

I've been looking at camp sites in the area. The usual criteria apply; easy to get to, pub near by, facilities and not too expensive.

I'm tempted by Winshields Camp and Bunk Barn. It's on the Military Road that runs alongside Hadrian Wall.
The famous Twice Brewed Inn is couple of hundred metres down the road.
From the campsite it's an easy stroll over to have a look at Hadrians Wall, so you can say you've done that.
It's a good base for an interesting circular ride out on the Saturday.

Post code NE47 7AN if you want to google view it.

So is anyone interested? If so say so and I'll get organising.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/04/2013 18:06  

Dare I go?
It's the weekend b 4 the FYP... Oh well, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2013 18:28  

Well I would love to go but have a commitment on the Saturday, also, as XK says, it's FYP the next weekend and I'll be going down to Hartside with friends the weekend after that so best skip this and hope to see some of you up at Loch Ness if not at FYP.
I'll cross fingers and toes for good weather for you all.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 21/04/2013 12:31  

I'm still undecided about the FYP. Done it plenty of times but I'm getting bored of the rain, mud and "lets pretend we're (insert name of 70's group)" bands.
The other half is away on a WIMA do 14-16th June so I'm looking to do something to keep me either out of (or get me into?) mischief
Once I get a reply back from the site I'll put something on the events page and see what happens.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/04/2013 19:02  

Event added for the weekend 14-16th June.

Destination Winshields camp site, £7.50 / night.

If you're up for it put your name down so I can let the camp site know the numbers.

The ride out on Saturday will be spectacular. If you haven't ridden round Northumberland and the Borders you are in for a treat.

There is no word in the old Northumbrian language for traffic jamb.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/04/2013 20:34  

This event is on the alendar thanks Steve http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4175

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/04/2013 00:15  

Thanks Sandi.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/04/2013 07:38  

Wots an alendar?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2013 09:47  

Ouch! I just PML and it's agony (back spasm) ya wally XK In answer to your -uestion I -on't -now Ha ha

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/04/2013 12:51  

WOULD OF LOVED TO GO BUT IN JAPAN FOR 3 WEEKS JUST MY LUCK

Update Reply
wantedpillyseat @ 28/04/2013 13:52  

bump...
because I need to let the camp site know numbers.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/05/2013 07:12  

Possible off not working

Update Reply
havfun @ 13/05/2013 12:32  

Possible if not working
That's better ( stupid phone got exited )

Update Reply
havfun @ 13/05/2013 12:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email