MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

no heat til May!!!!!!

no heat til May!!!!!!  - Forums [Biker Match] no heat til May!!!!!!  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

no heat til May!!!!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/27/uk-freeze-apri...orecasters lets hope they have it wrong!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 27/03/2013 10:59  

If it is right deb we are going to blame you and make you do the chip shop run in june

Update Reply
JP @ 27/03/2013 11:50  

lol JP i hope it warms up soon....im being kept awake by a chinook delivering feed to livestock stranded on the hills above my village! Just grateful im not living at the old place which apparently is buried under an 18ft drift!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 27/03/2013 12:24  

Heard about that Debs with the heli.....bloody rough innit? 10 foot drifts on the back roads to Carrick too...... think Im hibernating til May hahaha x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2013 12:53  

And there's us moaning about a light dusting and a bit of a cold wind your still doing the chip shop run though deb

Update Reply
JP @ 27/03/2013 12:56  

...looks like my plans for tiger900 may be on hold a couple of weeks ...buggerit.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/03/2013 14:10  

you only had a light dusting in Birmingham JP ? We had loads this side of West Midlands not as bad as Ireland though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2013 16:01  

When it snows everything stops
when it rains everything floods
when it's windy evrything collapses
when it's sunny there's no water.
great country to live in innit

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 27/03/2013 16:59  

why it is called great britain....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/03/2013 17:02  

One of the owd farmers says not been snow like this here since 1963

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 27/03/2013 18:06  

i commute from dudley to other side of brum where you ve had hardly any snow at all

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 27/03/2013 18:28  

Thats cus we exported it to dudley lol

Update Reply
JP @ 27/03/2013 19:13  

The weather peeps and all the dogooders go on about saving the world and keep rattling on about GLOBAL WARMING me thinks they are lying.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 27/03/2013 23:13  

This is not what we want to hear/read, we have camps to attend and rides to be completed.....

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 27/03/2013 23:16  

Global Warming? This is a very misleading term because it implies the world is warming up! The words should be CLIMATE CHANGE which is a bit nearer the truth and for us it means wetter summers, flooding, unseasonal snow....but deffo not warmer summers! This latest snow, here at least, seems to be a once in 50 year event. But then we have heard the same thing regarding serious flooding in other parts of the UK.......every year for the past 5-6!!! I drove over the hills yesterday for a look, and i was brought up in the Pennines nr Saddleworth....but i have NEVER seen snow like this it is upwards of 12 feet deep at the side of the road its like driving thru a tunnel. I'll shut up now coz im starting to sound like a dogooder! But the facts speak for themselves so feel free to bury your heads and deny its happening. id settle for a heatwave tho!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/03/2013 08:52  

A heatwave over snow and cold every time Deb,s.
lived in Cyprus a while and was so healthy, well and constantly felt amazing health wise, even when working 6 days a week doing 13 hour shifts.
The cold just leaves me tired, not wanting to do anything but curl up and sleep!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 28/03/2013 09:09  

the heat does that to me Allison! but THIS cold isnt much fun either would settle for 70 degrees and sunshine

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/03/2013 10:25  

When I lived in Gibraltar (for 2 and half yrs) we had constant hot weather for months on end and often wished it would rain just to cool us down lol We Brits ar never satisfied eh? One thing I do miss about Gib', apart from the sunshine (it's heat I can't cope with) was being able to go out in the evening without the need of a warm coat or brolly.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/03/2013 10:32  

Ok Deb, looks like you and I are packing up and off to live somewhere warmer!!
The heat wasn't a problem to me in Cyprus, even with mega temperatures in mid August.
So where's it to be.... ( well we can dream a little while snuggled under our quilts)!!! Lol

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 28/03/2013 10:40  

hmmmm difficult one Allison lol ........halfway up a mountain on the equator i reckon! constant temperature all year round but just not too warm!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/03/2013 13:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email