MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather)

Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather) - Forums [Biker Match] Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather)

So...what are YOU doing instead of riding your bike, or driving your car? I have no transport so I have no option but to sit at home, but what will you be doing until you can get to the biker cafe/bar/ride out/rally etc? Are you already at a rally? (Mad sod lol)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/03/2013 12:51  

I continue to ride my bike in the snow...I have no choice as no other transport...rode in snow and ice all last winter too so very used to it unfortunately.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 12:54  

Wow! I take my hat off to ya Lulu, I wouldn't have the nerve (or skill) to ride on ice or snow. I rode in the winter, for about 4 years, but the first sign of a large snowflake and I headed for home lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/03/2013 12:59  

Yeah I second that Lulu.... snow and ice frightens me, I don't have the experience to do that, so I won't... Luckily I do have a car but I am still very frustrated and hate the snow...I do WANT to ride my bike... roll on spring... wuck finter....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/03/2013 13:05  

Sandi its easy to do when you have no other way to get to work and Im always up for a challenge anyway, I would try riding the dodgiest most difficult roads just to prove to myself I can do it if I get stuck I get stuck.... ...... the way I look at it is Ive come through worse in my life with people so weather and the elements are child's play compared to them (goes without saying that I do have a healthy respect for Nature though)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 13:18  

Lynn you get the experience only by doing it hon, grit your teeth and try.... but I do understand not everyone likes driving in it.... x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 13:19  

I know what you mean Lulu, I have no problem driving in it, had enough experience in Germany where I had to commute 30 mile and back to work and no choice but to do it. I have lost a lot of riding experience due to not enough time to ride, hopefully that will change this year. But to be honest, I will leave the bike where it is for the time being...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/03/2013 13:22  

Im out on bike every day unfortunately.....no choice You are just right Lynn, makes more sense staying warm x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 13:30  

Time was when I rode in all weathers at all times of the year. I remember one particular slow-speed off in an absolute blizzard - you've just got to heave the bike up and move on, and at least cold numbs bruises
But nowadays if there's ice around, I'll wimp out and take the car. Don't have anything to prove to myself, after all.

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/03/2013 22:37  

Anyone NOT riding or driving? I'm curious to know what you do to fill the time, when you're not working I mean, and not on here.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/03/2013 22:58  

Making Art! Reading a book! Cleaning the bath, the sink, the loo! Dusting!!!!...did someone say Dusting????eeuwww!!!
Cooking cheese on toast! Changing a lightbulb! Eating choccy! ......and of course.......sleeping!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2013 23:20  

Fishing............. cafes.................parents..................pub................but mostly WORK.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/03/2013 00:01  

Apart from the chocolate eating I'll give that lot a miss, especially the dusting cos it just annoys my allergy LOL Is that all in one day A J?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/03/2013 10:33  

Live in the pub.!,, beer, food, and warm, what more could you ask for!...

Update Reply
gazza123 @ 24/03/2013 11:06  

Been to my mates for a cuppa, cleaned the house, cooked dinner for the parents, watched The Borrowers, watched the bridemaids, watched Antiques Roadshow (sad i know), bath and bed ready for work tomorrow! and once again the weekend has gone in a flash

Update Reply
OMNF @ 24/03/2013 20:24  

No wonder my life is boring, I can't drink alcohol lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/03/2013 21:19  

Awww Sandi, neither can I hon...plenty other fun things to do tho!.....ahem! ooer lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2013 22:23  

sandi...........not quite..... not quite enough hours in the day for that lot........... hopefully this coming week though, might get the Yellow peril out there, cafe's to be visited, cakes to be eaten, tea to be drunk. Tax disk to be bought...............

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/03/2013 23:44  

Awww Sandi, neither can I hon...plenty other fun things to do tho!.....ahem! ooer lol Like I said Lulu, no wonder my life is boring cakes to be eaten, tea to be drunk. A J, count me in *drool drool*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/03/2013 10:45  

Cleaned the Bikes, cleaned the house, erm... paced back and forth like a caged lion.... erm, called my family to moan about the weather, texted all my friends who are all pacing and moaning as well. Thats about it really. GO AWAY SNOW.....

Update Reply
Arrow675R @ 25/03/2013 16:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email