MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather)

Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather) (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather) (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather)

LOL Steve. I don't feel so bad now I know others aren't living the high life while I am stuck at home vegetating

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/03/2013 16:07  

Hi Sandi, I'm supposed to be working at home, but in between working I'm pacing haha Any excuse to buzz off into the sunshine and I'm there lol Steve :)

Update Reply
Arrow675R @ 25/03/2013 16:16  

Well I am about to don my thermals and head off out for my motorbike lesson...... so hopefully have a bit of a ride-out for an hour if nothing else..... then again, looking out there, it looks like we may be in for more snow. Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 25/03/2013 18:13  

it's tricky when all we live for is biking and being out there havin a darn good larf and adventures with biking mates!!! to find anythign else that replaces it.... go to bike shops/dealers, go to gigs, go to pubs where you know like minded folk will be ... and wait for the bad weather to pass..... hoep ya lesson goes well NGB matey an ya got darn gooood thermals... its still snow and ice all around here!! xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2013 18:25  

Is there a alternatives?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/03/2013 18:40  

nope ... i dont think there is Rags.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2013 19:28  

NOTHING COMPARES

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 25/03/2013 20:23  

Lesson was good thx Suzi but cut short due to ice and the fact I couldn't feel my fingers! And I had thermal under-gloves on!!! Getting there though :)

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 25/03/2013 22:40  

Well looks like I didn't get far in finding out what others do to relieve the boredom, when the snow stops play I don't get out much, even in the warmer weather, as I have to rely on generous folk giving me a lift; so going to a biker cafe, or anywhere bikers may be, during the bad weather is even less likely than in the warmer weather. Oh well, back to the crossword puzzles and the repeat programmes on telly Zzzz lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/03/2013 09:40  

If you can't be a riding, then you could be a fettling ............................... your bike

Update Reply
davidneale @ 26/03/2013 17:28  

Sandi when Im stuck at home sick or off the bike etc I make jewellery or bake lots of cakes and buns, its a very satisfying hobby and very therapeutic...plus you can sell what you make

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2013 17:53  

Send some this way Lulu !

Update Reply
RickM @ 26/03/2013 19:47  

Cakes or jewellery Rick? LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2013 19:53  

Ah point taken. Cakes, i was never confused . Although they say don't knock it till you've tried it

Update Reply
RickM @ 26/03/2013 19:56  

Bike taken to workshop to get heated grips fitted. Might try em out tomorrow. Replacement sorted for broken tent pole....so bike comfort sorted and tent fettled for when it's fit to camp again

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/03/2013 23:01  

David, I aint got a bike anymore Lulu, I'm too skint to buy the materials/ingredients to make jewellery or bake (I'd burn the buggers anyway lol) Altho maybe if I did bake I could start up a bike *puck business *my cakes would be rock hard, hard enough to withstand any weight of bike

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/03/2013 09:39  

Ah no ye wouldn't burn buns Sandi...easy peasy to make, Ill pm you a great recipe of easy muffins that doesnt cost the earth, all ya need is flour, eggs, milk, butter and whatever you are flavouring them with....bananas, cherries, choc, nuts etc etc ....or have them plain if you like. Cheap as chips hon. Most expensive thing would be the muffin tin itself but you could use an ordinary bun tin. I will PM you it in a while once Ive written it out.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2013 12:58  

indoor bowls...!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/03/2013 17:15  

When is all this white stuff going to stop. I have a car as i work in a car all day so still go out in it. Went out in the high winds at weekend, not ideal but it's better than being indoors doing chores or my accounts as self employed

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 27/03/2013 19:33  

still go out in bike that is

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 27/03/2013 19:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email