MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Central Scotland meet up 16 March, anyone?

Central Scotland meet up 16 March, anyone? - Forums [Biker Match] Central Scotland meet up 16 March, anyone? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Central Scotland meet up 16 March, anyone?

I saw in MCN that Firecrest are having a promo day of sorts next Saturday – 16th March, 11 am to 4 pm.
If you don’t know them, they’re a small m/c outfitter shop just off the M8 at junction 11 and the event seems to be introducing Held Rider Equipment to their stock. Anyway, they’re putting up free chilli and cake and seem to also be doing some kind of prize draw. (They did a hog roast when they opened last years and it really was worth the trip - not that it’s far for me!)
I expect I’ll be there in the afternoon and wonder if it might be of interest to anyone else. Be good to meet some of you and maybe start planning to occasional ride? I wouldn't go so far as putting it on the events page – just putting out feelers

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 09/03/2013 22:18  

Sorry, don't know why that all came out white
try again:
I saw in MCN that Firecrest are having a promo day of sorts
next Saturday – 16th March, 11 am to 4 pm.<o:p></o:p>
If you don’t know them, they’re a small m/c outfitter shop just
off the M8 at junction 11 and the event seems to be introducing Held Rider
Equipment to their stock. Anyway, they’re putting up free chilli and cake and
seem to also be doing some kind of prize draw. (They did a hog roast when they
opened last years and it really was worth the trip - not that it’s far for me!)<o:p></o:p>

I expect I’ll be there in the afternoon and wonder if it
might be of interest to anyone else. Be good to meet some of you and maybe
start planning to occasional ride? I wouldn't go so far as putting it on the
events page – just putting out feelers.<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 09/03/2013 22:24  

Arrrgggghhh!
If you can't be bothered to paste the above so that you can read it I'll type it again...

Firecrest motorcycle outfitters. Big Chilli Cookout = free chilli and cake, Saturday 16th March, 11 am to 4 pm.
Launching Held Rider Equipment to their stock. They're a small accessories shop just off Junction 11 of the M8 and I'll be there in the afternoon and wondered if anyone else might pop along and introduced themselves. Be nice to meet some other BM'ers and maybe plan a ride?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 09/03/2013 22:40  

Sounds good

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2013 00:30  

Hi, I would be up for a meet, sounds good

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 10/03/2013 19:14  

sounds like a plan , as long as today's blizzard stops . Minus two is a bit cool for the bike (I'm a temperature pouf ) lol
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/03/2013 19:53  

<font="Arial">
Sounds good, what time is the meet?

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 10/03/2013 22:16  

I will be there a little before 2.30 and will probably be around for at least an hour. Don't think I'll be on the bike so I'll have a flask of coffee handy in the car - in case Firecrest don't have or should run out. Coffee is fuel to me! Hope to see some of you in person. M8, Junction 11, heading south (Queenslie): At the first lights after those controlling the motorway exit slip, about 200-300 yards, take a left; after 80 yards go right off the roundabout on to Summerlee Street; barely another 80 yards and turn left to Weardale Lane. You will see Firecrest up on your left and can probably park right there and walk up, or continue round the block to park outside their unit.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 14/03/2013 12:13  

BUMP

In the newbies forums everyone says "jump right in" and "get to some meets" but there's pretty little of that going on up here and yet we have some fantastic roads AND the scenery to match, so come on peeps , let's kickstart the riding season - it's going to be great (I promise).
Come say hi in person, don't just nod in passing.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/03/2013 21:18  

I've noticed there is little meets going on in Scotland as well. As it's getting into better weather, allegedly, there should be more meet ups

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 15/03/2013 22:34  

I'm hoping to take a ride over to the firecrest thing tomorrow about 2 o clock. There's also an open day at MCS in Renfrew that I'm going to in the morning

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2013 22:44  

Made it over to Firecrest today. Great shop and fantastic chilli and cake. Nice to meet you Izzy pity about the weather

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2013 21:06  

Good to have met you too Colin and all credit to you for riding today - you must have been freezing. It's good to know you got home safe.
We need to start a new thread to get some more members out to meet up - but maybe wait for the weather to improve first!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/03/2013 21:32  

Agreed

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2013 21:52  

Sorry I missed this izzy, good on you for arranging it - i've not been well this weekend or would have come through for sure - hope to meet you soon

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/03/2013 20:42  

Thanks Bobkat but I can't take any credit - just put it up here and said I'd be there m'self.
It was a pretty miserable day for biking, as zed can testify, but it was good to meet another member.
Here's hoping that spring isn't far away - I'm told it's "on Thursday" in Poland, LOL - and that there'll be more exciting opportunities for riding coming our way soon.
Hope you're feeling better now, there have been a lot of nasty bugs around this winter. Take care.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/03/2013 22:38  

I was working

Spring is just around the corner get some runs up into Highlands

Update Reply
madscots @ 17/03/2013 22:51  

Tell me when, tell me where ....

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/03/2013 22:57  

Nice to see a newbie sorting out a meet-up, good on you Izzy and good on Colin for getting there too (riding? mad fool lol) Kate, hope you feel better soon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2013 06:07  

Soon as we get a decent bit of weather i'm doing a big run up to Skye and back from Edinburgh which be next few weeks so will post on forums.

Update Reply
madscots @ 18/03/2013 18:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email