MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Highland trip cos I'm 50.

Highland trip cos I'm 50. - Forums [Biker Match] Highland trip cos I'm 50. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Highland trip cos I'm 50.

Continuing on from my Glencoe thread we've decided to make a week of it.
Clachaig Inn, Glencoe 3rd, 4th & 5th May.Caledonian Hotel, Ullapool for 3 nights (6th, 7th & 8th).the Dreadnaught Hotel, Callander (9th & 10th).Saturday, pack up and go home (11th). Although Lindsey and I are staying in Hotels all these places have camp sites and B&B's to suite all budgets.
I can't guarantee the weather but it's often sunny up there at this time of the year and the midges won't be out in force.
So are you coming along?
It's up to yourselves to book your own accommodation and buy me drinks.
My job is to drink them.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/02/2013 19:42  

All on the calendar, thanks Steve. Highland Trip 3rd to 11th May 2013 Glencoe http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3852 Ullapool http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3959 Callander http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3960

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/02/2013 16:49  

PLEASE NOTE ALL TITLES HAVE BEEN CHANGED, BY STEVE_H Glencoe is now Highland Trip Stage 1 Ullapool is now Highland Trip Stage 2 Callander is now Highland Trip Stage 3 you can still follow the links, in the previous post, to the calendar

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/02/2013 09:32  

think i'd like some of this at least for Glencoe, most likely camping

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2013 22:14  

Welcome along.
Good roads and beer guaranteed. Midge free almost definitely. Good weather likely at that time of year but can't be promised

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/03/2013 07:53  

got 3 trips planned this year, 2 in scotland lol, one in snowdonia roll on the summer

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/03/2013 22:33  

Hi, would be interested in coming along to either Glencoe or Callander part of it. There is not enough Scotland meets

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 20/03/2013 14:04  

Hopefully I'll see you there then.
I love Scotland, best riding roads I've ever seen IMHO.
The Clachaig is one of my all time favorite pubs. You'll find me in the lounge early on scoffing veggie haggis, neeps & tatties then in the bar

I don't know how many will be coming along yet. The other half and me obviously but beyond that anyones guess. It's hard work convincing people that it's often gloriously sunny north of the border in May. They all want to go later in the year and feed the midges

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/03/2013 20:17  

Is it ok to come along for part of this event and not all of it?

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 20/03/2013 21:18  

Of course. You need to sort out your own accommodation but we have picked places with plenty of options for that reason.
It's my birthday party and everyone is welcome.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/03/2013 21:23  

I wil definitely be there for at least some of the trip. It's true some people don't realise some of the roads up here are the best for bikes

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 21/03/2013 08:05  

I fancy the glen Coe area part of the trip

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 23/03/2013 17:22  

That's the best bit, everyone should be in a party meed too.
You'll want thermals and knee sliders.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/03/2013 18:29  

Bike packed and I'm off...

Mildew here I come

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/05/2013 09:14  

And proper Mildew too.
Fine ride up on Friday as far as Edinburgh then we hit the rain. Lashed it down all the way to the Clachaig. Veggies haggis, neep and tatties went down well as did the beer.
Saturday, lashed it all day, the high point been a walk to the village for some soup. In the bar by 6.
Sunday, got as far as Oban before it rained again. Soaked by the time we got back.
Sunday night over beer(s) we checked the weather forecast. Continuous rain up the northwest for the rest of the week... and glorious sunshine in the Durham!
So we've bailed out and come home.
Rain all the way to Edinburgh, then glorious sunshine all the way through the Borders and Northumberland on the sublime A697.

Anyone fancy a ride out during the rest of the week?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/05/2013 21:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email