MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma - Forums [Biker Match] Karma - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

I was going to post this in the other Karma thread but I see it has been closed.... Just a small query really.....how come people who do not post anything on the forums or go into the chatroom get their karma raised? What are they doing to raise it? Talking to others via PMs? As that was how mine got raised eventually ha ha! ..... so is that it? Thanks for any replies guys and gals

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2013 18:49  

dunno how it works,goes up and down on mine faster than a fast thing on national fast day.................

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/02/2013 21:13  

It's a combination of logging on to the site, using the chat room, posting on threads, uploading photos from events you've attended, PM's, etc. Only Matt knows the exact formula and I can almost guarantee he won't tell you what it is; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 23/02/2013 22:44  

Cheers Simon...but I don't want to know the ins and outs or secrets of how to get karma I just want to know how someone who never posts on the forum or uploads pics or otherwise goes publicly on the forum, seems to have their karma raised, it must purely be by the amount of people they PM as there can't be any other reason for it.... Cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2013 00:11  

yeh noticed that me self , pm me n i,ll tell ya the secret

Update Reply
dougie @ 24/02/2013 02:47  

I dunno I log in two or three times a day when I'm at home post a fair bit but doesn't seem to move much...but who cares it seems to make those who think it escalates them for some reason....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2013 17:05  

Personally I couldn't care less; lol. I've had 100% in the past and now have 10% and not that worried about it. The topic has been discussed to death in the past. Your probably right Lulu in that they send and receive many PM's. They may also of course be in the chat room a lot when you're not.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 24/02/2013 23:21  

Yup does not make a bit of difference ......it could be zero wouldn't put me up or down lol....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2013 23:30  

hmmm .... the damn comment posted twice .... where's the delete button then ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2013 07:57  

I was involved in a conversation via many pm's, went in the chatroom, put quite a few comments in forum topics, had my profile viewed & viewed those who viewed me yesterday ..... my karma has dropped 1% overnight explain that then.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2013 07:59  

fluctuations in the time space continuum,get the same if the mothership leaves earth orbit for more than 1,000 years....try dabbing it with cotton wool soaked in jack daniels...works a treat...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/02/2013 12:28  

I think the rule is that you can't manufacture karma else it wouldn't be karma.
I'll send you a nod - hope it helps. Izzy (17% today)

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 26/02/2013 13:45  

You're 18% as of this morning Izzy, so keep nodding!!

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 27/02/2013 08:07  

Well I can see Im not going to get an answer about it so nevermind.... just seems weird that people who do not contribute to the site in any way can have high karma..... maybe I will just not bother posting anymore or chatting and then mine will go up too please close this topic thankyou....(as I did not wish to start a discussion about it.....there are plenty other threads on it but none on my question specifically)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/02/2013 10:58  

Lulu - the best thing to do is to send a PM to the mods/Matt directly via the help page for any specific site questions. Matt dosn't always see the forum topics & there's only really him that can answer this one. PS...locked the topic for ya

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 27/02/2013 15:56  

Karma is made up of about 50 different variables. Such as starting news on the site, PMing new members to say hi, uploading photos from events, sharing photos on facebook etc etc etc.

each variable has a different "weight". For example - posting one line in the chatroom will not offer the same "Weight" as starting a news topic in the forum.

Everyone's karma is a PERCENTAGE OF THE PERSON WITH THE HIGHEST KARMA!! What does that mean? It means that if the person with the highest karma gets more or less karma for THEIR activities, it will affect YOUR Karma. So if JohnSmith has 100% karma, that means he has more karma than anyone. Everyone else is a % of JohnSmith. If John uploads loads of photos, sends thousands of PMs etc in one day - then EVERYONE ELSE will go down (unless they did equally the same activity). Likewise if JohnSmith doesn't login for a few weeks, everyone's % will start to creep up until eventually JohnJones is on top and everyone becomes relative to JohnJones etc

Logging in 30 times per day is no better than once per day. But, logging in every day DOES count. The time (in days) since you last logged in is what is important.

And of course the formulas I'll never release or we will just get cheats. They also took months/years to develop and tweak to be as fair as possible.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/03/2013 16:17  

Karma means absolutely nothing so dont worry about it, you ether have it or you dont, but i think it's great

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/03/2013 04:19  

Are people actually understanding what I am asking??? My question is.....how can someone who contributes nothing to the site have high karma? How have they 'earned' that when they are doing nothing to warrant it? For example there is one member offhand I can think of who is a standard member whose Karma is high.....how is this possible when they cannot send messages or post on forums? P.S. Bill, I said it before and I will say it again..... I actually dont care about how high my karma is or how it works etc I don't want to know the ins and outs of it, I only wondered about the above question. If it can't be answered it cant be answered.... fine....I just wanted it brought to people's attention.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2013 15:29  

Hi Lulu Part of the karma rating is calculated by other people's activity. For instance if one member was to be more active, send more PMs or chat in the chat room, their karma rating would increase and someone else's would decrease if they hadn't done anything different. Perhaps the same works the other way? I'm sure Matt will correct me if I'm incorrect. I've said it before and I will repeat myself I think 'karma' is the wrong description, I think it should be called 'activity' cos that is what it's based on. It's not so much about popularity as activity. Some competitive members seem to get their knickers in a knot about it when their karma goes down, as if it's their popularity that's being decreased. Dictionary definition of the word karma: the sum of a person's actions in previous states of existence, viewed as deciding his or her fate in future existences and as Matt won't allow us more than one profile then we can't have karma lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/03/2013 11:25  

My karma rating seems to go DOWN the more I post Infamy infamy they've got it in for me

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/03/2013 11:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email