MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Lady's Motorcycle Clothing

Lady's Motorcycle Clothing - Forums [Biker Match] Lady's Motorcycle Clothing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Lady's Motorcycle Clothing

Why is it so hard to find lady's motorcycle clothing that fits properly? I am relatively tall at 5' 8" and have a 33" inside leg which I don't think really qualifies me for Barnum's circus. I'm roughly a size 10 or thereabouts, which I don't think is that unusual. Why is it then that I can't find leathers that fit properly and do the job they're supposed to do? Jackets always seem to be tight across the chest and not really designed to contain those annoying things we call breasts. Trousers are never long enough and although I realise that we spend a lot of time sitting on a bike, if they fit around the waist, they always seem to have enough room in the arse region to take a packed lunch along. I surely can't be the only female who has problems with motorcyle gear? If I had the know how I'd be sorely tempted to design my own but in the meantime I'd welcome any comments on this subject and some of the solutions that women have come up with.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 17/02/2013 15:18  

I have heard that Frank Thomas is a good fit for female physiques http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/02/2013 16:13  

Hi Suzanne5551,

Try girlsbike2.com

They sometimes have a showstand at the bigger events.

Worth the price of a phonecall to check them out. I believe they are from London area. Daughter had similar problems (like most ladies probably). She just kept trying until she got what she felt comfortable with.

Hope this helps a little.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 17/02/2013 16:18  

Thanks folks. I was talking to a lass yesterday who said that Girlsbike2 had closed down but I'll check out online.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 17/02/2013 16:23  

I'm a mere 5ƌ" but I bought Lindstrands jeans last year and have at least 8" of leg turned up.
The fit is good and they're really comfortable so it may be worth checking out their full range plus the other Scandinavian labels: Halvarsson and Jofama. They certainly grow them tall up there and they dress well for the road - at a price - but not many distributors and it is good to try without having to order and return all the time.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/02/2013 22:09  

I really hope Girlsbike2 hasn't closed down! I've used them and they are ace.

My challenge is exactly the opposite. I've got really short legs & arms & a chat on the phone & they go away to measure seam lengths & come back with the most suitable jackets, trousers etc for your particular shape. fabulous service

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/02/2013 22:38  

It looks as though Girlsbike2 are still trading online but that goes back to the problem of not being able to try on without having to send things back if they don't fit.
I do like the look of the Scandinavian wear but as you point out, there aren't many outlets.
Looks as though ordering online is the only way forwards.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 18/02/2013 14:53  

This might help tall and buxom girls .... !!!! I'm , 5ཇ" tall - 34 inside leg and buxom ( ermmmm 38G ... !!!! ) but everything i've got is toned so thought i'd get into most stuff .... NOT!!!! ..... however ... there's not a lot to fit my body length or arms- sleeves are usually far too short - so are jackets - far too short in the body .... if tehy fit teh bust then tehy hang off the wiast ... they seem to cater for petite girls only ... - have finally gone for textile stuff - havn't even bothered to look for leathers - its bad enough finding jeans and t shirts to fit me ...... !! The best place i've found so far to fit me is J& S Accessories - their own brand stuff .. trousers are plenty long enough thank god! and i have to say i find their customer service is faultless ... hope this helps!

Update Reply
Heavymetalthunder @ 03/05/2013 00:50  

Blokes bike clothing doesn't fit , but because we're blokes, we don't care .
Women on the other hand, do care about their appearance.
I once took a woman to every bike clothing shop on the planet. Her main concern was '' does my bum look good in these pants''.
Bike wear is protective clothing , it's not fashion wear.
You will eventually find some flattering clothing but it will take a while.
And yes , eventually we found some '' sexy looking bum'' bike pants . Lol
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/05/2013 19:13  

if you can afford it the only way to get a decent fit is made to measure.
All shops/traders online must allow you by law to return items that don't fit (distance selling regs.

I had a pair of Halverssons jeans - they were very long but a lousy fit on my fat arse! I now have a pair of Aussie bike jeans (off ebay) very comfortable and cover a multitude of sins lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 08/05/2013 22:09  

There's a place in Buxton called Swains, at Harpur Hill
They are a driving and Motorcycle training centre and have a good shop there.
Now I know it's not near Durham and obviously I am not female but, they sell Halvarrsons, Lindstrands, Jofama gear, or did. When I went the Lady that runs the shop sent off for a pair of "Zen" pants for me, as all her stock was too long.
Halvarrsons have a tailoring service apparently. Didn't have to wait too long either. Ended up paying about £180, which isn't cheap but what a great pair of pants they are.
Thought it worth a mention.
There's also a big place in Darwen, Lancs, that stock Halvarrsons. Think its "Race leathers"

Update Reply
clarkee @ 13/05/2013 15:24  

I'm 5' 8 ish and about a size !2 -14 up top. & 16-18 below, oh yes that odd. I got a decent fit with some kevlars from Heine Gericke. I didn't even bother to try the women's stuff on cos I saw the trouser's length n just laughed. Always too short. Sleeves, always too short. They should make them a little longer than average since they ride up when your knees are bent but hey...I just wear men's gear:longer legs & arms.
To be honest I'm more concerned with comfort, safety and keeping dry but I don't think they look like sxxte.
Actually, a Dianesse leather jacket fitted & felt great but I'm too impecunious for such items.
And my bum looks big in everything because it is. Que sera sera

Update Reply
whats ordinary? @ 28/05/2013 23:40  

oooh What's Ordinary...I am green with Envy. 5' 8 huh....ooh the dream I have of being taller. Being a short arse (and a round one at that) of 5' 2 I can never ever say anything is too short, arms or legs....my knee pads are round me shins

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/05/2013 13:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email