MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Advice on Gear

Advice on Gear (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Advice on Gear (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Advice on Gear

Lol Cookie, welcome to the world of "what the hell..." I am the same with my full face lid, and generally involves a few "oh for the love of..." followed by a couple of swear words. Glad you got what you needed bar the trousers. THe J&S crew are really lovely and will always give the time you need and not rush you. Worth it just for that IMHO. Oh and add about an extra 10 mins getting dressed RB x

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 09/02/2013 23:01  

Haha @ rowanblossom. Been there a few times

Cookie...beware bike lessons in winter. You have to wear extra thermal vests & long johns. Then when you have the bike school flourescent jacket thingy on top (plus additional padding) and the belt holding the radio & the wire connected to the ear peace inside your lid....having to take a comfort break can be very (ahem) challenging

Don't do what I did on a recent freezing January lesson after being out on the road for 3 hours....stop bike using kill switch, quick flick of the side stand, scuttle in to public convenience then discover that you are unable to make your arms reach across your middle due to all the extra padding and therefore unable to do up your trousers....I just thought "bugger it, it's only 200 yards back to the bike school" . You never know....your bike might not start again! And I can tell you it's very embarrassing having to explain why no, you can't help push it!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 10/02/2013 22:04  

Minnie...you do crack me up. How was Amsterdam by the way. Oh yes not only is it an extra 10 mins getting dressed, its a blooming eternity getting de-kitted, especially when you really NEED to. When you get a break, go to the loo, even if you don't really need to....saves the panic later on lol Double thermals when its cold, jumper, thick socks, gortex/waterproofs and then that delightfully fasionable hi viz jacket.....no wonder the men in this world fantasise about biker chicks lol RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 10/02/2013 23:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email