MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

OCD - do you have it ?

OCD - do you have it ? - Forums [Biker Match] OCD - do you have it ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

OCD - do you have it ?

Do you have any sort of OCD ? If i catch recyclable stuff in the bin, i take it out, wash it and put in the recycling. Can't help myself. Mrs AJ thinks I'm mad. Also I''ll totally reload the dishwasher if she's not done it right She has a tendency to put bowls in with enough edge facing up to collect dirty water and require a rewash, or things stacked horizontally so as not to be washed at all. She is also convinced that our big wine glasses cannot fit despite my technique which guarantees they'll be clean and dry at the end. My bike gleams, yet my car is a muddy rustbucket. HELP !!

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/02/2013 19:33  

I'm far too busy normally to be that obsessed I'm afraid it's too late for YOU though AJ You're way past help mate But it works for the BIKE Who cares about the car

Update Reply
Emzed @ 05/02/2013 19:55  

Nope .... I'm reassuringly untidy ......... but I might have something similar when it comes to my bikes

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2013 20:02  

My car hasn't been cleaned in nor out for about a year..... hmmmm my bikes always get at least a wipe down before going out even though they might look well mucky when i get back and i have been known to clean them for hours on end when iam bored and its nice out

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 05/02/2013 20:41  

I've got OCD about finding my next bike at the moment & I need to get a grip!

I've spent 3 weeks using mega wotsits on the internet clicking back & forth searching on the computer & completely confused myself. If I can manage to come off this computer I'm harrassing strangers to allow me to have a sit on their bikes, I've rung up 2 people tonight to ask if I can come round to sit on theirs. I risked life & limb hurtling across to Brough in a blizzard today just to sit on an er5 with a carved out seat. I've burned loads of petrol on wild goose chases. I even had a dream last night that the lovely old bloke selling the divvy I went to look at on sunday said if I bought the part for lowering it he'd have a go at fitting it...then I woke up and it was just a dream!

I'm going to Amsterdam for the weekend on Friday and I'm really miffed cos it's so inconvenient - I really want to go to Keighley to look at a Vfr400 but I can't. Bugger Amsterdam!

I passed my test 3 weeks ago. I should be so happy but I'm not. I'm completely miserable. I miss my bike and in despair, doubting I'll ever find it

I desperately need to be bound, gagged & forceably dragged away from ebay, MCN & adtrader

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 05/02/2013 22:55  

hmmm interestingggggg i gave up when i got a dog 11 years ago to worry about tidiness to ocd level!!!! .... now im sure there must be something... and the only thing i can think i have a funny thing bout is how me curtains are drawn... like the hanging bits need to be kinda even in folds in me living room ....pmsl ... so woebetide if ya ever come to my house .. pmsl ps. LMFAO minnie.,... deary me chick.. if its any consolation... you may well sell this next bike and then get another and you may not know which bike is perfect till you ride it... you will love whichever bike you get.. what moves your soul ?? so long as you can get it lowered then go for it chick......just darn go for it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2013 23:04  

Firstly. OCD...oh goodness yes. I like my morning paper just so, and nobody better read it before me and mess it up. Minnie have a look on the forum for swops and stuff. I think the BMW will be a good choice as I think its only a 780 mm seat height. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 05/02/2013 23:26  

Hey Minnie,

why don't you have a look at one of the lowered HD's? Plenty of choice and they also do a custom fit service.

The Blackline has a seat height of 24" (when you are seated) 26.1" unseated.

Do I have OCD?? Yes, but only with certain things!! Storing my wine, my CD's in alphabetical order, books in size order,

Steve

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 06/02/2013 13:20  

I desperately need to be bound, gagged & forceably dragged away from ebay, MCN & adtrader

Minnie, I'm sure there are some establishments in the red light district in Amsterdam who can cater for your every wish

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/02/2013 15:29  

hehe

Thankyou Wills, you can always be relied upon to come up with a creative solution to every problem, every cloud, silver linings and all that lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/02/2013 19:09  

I'm sure there are several things I could qualify as being my OCD, but the first thing that comes to mind is this............
If I go into the works canteen and they have cheese on toast on the counter I will order, '' 2 slices, with beans, and could you please put my toast side by side and not overlapping '', when asked why do they have to be side by side I reply simply, '' it looks funny on the plate ''.
Basket case? you decide but dont tell the men in white coats please.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2013 01:08  

I am completely OCD about making sure lights aren't left on when you aren't in the room.

I have no idea where it came from as I'm not overly excited about my electricity bill but it really bugs me so I have to go back and switch them off.

Update Reply
Cookie1708 @ 07/02/2013 07:26  

Oh !! and litter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems to be an age thing, never used to bother me.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 07/02/2013 19:16  

I have to butter to the edges and when i make sandwiches the filling, no matter what it is, has to go right to the edge. I have to straighten pictures and my change has to be in size order from big to small when i have it in my hand. i have a few more i can't remember or maybe don't want to admit to lol ...... Hey but who wants to be " normal" any way .....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2013 18:50  

think i need ocd
but dont
but when i comes to ...............never mind i dont have it

Update Reply
kaycat @ 08/02/2013 19:12  

Seriously wish I did.. on so many different levels...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 08/02/2013 19:36  

On a side note.. I fear I am developing Tourettes..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 08/02/2013 19:37  

What do you mean "developing"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/02/2013 20:10  

Perhaps "Incubating"??? would be a more appropriate word..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 08/02/2013 20:30  

Just don't do it in public

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2013 22:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email