MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Crash Card and Green Dot for Your Helmet

Crash Card and Green Dot for Your Helmet  - Forums [Biker Match] Crash Card and Green Dot for Your Helmet  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Crash Card and Green Dot for Your Helmet

There is no bigger favour you can do a paramedic – and yourself in the event of a crash – than keeping a Crash Card in your helmet. It's the idea of the motorcyclists within the ambulance service itself. The Crash Card is a simple business-card-sized note you store inside the padding of your helmet which gives attending paramedics useful, and at times vital, info without delay. An accompanying green dot sticker you put on the outside of your helmet alerts them to the presence of a card. There's advice for riders who find themselves first on the scene of an accident involving riders too. It's the brainchild of the Ambulance Motorcycle Club CRASH Card, free and has the support of the Highways Agency, the National Police Bikesafe team and the IAM. You can get yours from numerous locations across the UK http://www.ambulancemotorcycleclub.co.uk/ Info from Guy Procter, MCN, June 2011<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/01/2013 11:10  

Thanks for this Sandi. One of those things you don't want to ever need, but will be thankful for if you do.
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/01/2013 12:47  

I have had one of these for a while now - such a FANTASTIC idea

Update Reply
Roughie @ 14/01/2013 13:01  

what a brilliant idea...

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 14/01/2013 18:48  

Yeah thanks Sandi, the info threads appearing just lately on the emergency info has been an eye opener for me and for few others. Thanks again and to bomb Doctor for other post

Update Reply
Crissy2012 @ 14/01/2013 20:07  

if you put it inside your crash helmet would they not have to remove the helmet to retrieve it???? not a great idea with a neck injury.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/01/2013 20:35  

Well I was reluctant to comment on this Debs But I have to agree with you Removal of a riders helmet at the scene of a RTA is NOT recommended ( to the best of my knowledge ) by medical professionals And from what I have seen of the scheme, a fee is payable I'm afraid I won't be subscribing to it Nothing to do with the expense though Just the impracticality of the card "inside" the helmet I would have to recommend either a bracelet (like Jen) or dog tags Plus the ICE numbers in my phone

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/01/2013 20:49  

YW Rowan and Crissy KG and Em, my original post is about helping yourself and the paramedics, they will know if it's safe to remove a helmet, but I get your meaning, so I recommend, as I did in Bomb's thread, that folk keep the vital info in several different places. Em, what fee? I haven't paid a fee for my green dot, do you mean a fee to join the Ambulance MCC? I got my green dot from Squires Cafe, the sheets were on a table for anyone to pick up, the dots are attached to the sheet, with all the relevant info and the CRASH card.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2013 09:09  

Hi Sandi. mine came today after ordering over t'interweb. Thank you for highlighting this as everylittle helps. I have also got round to ICE'ing my phone thanks to you and BD's threads. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/01/2013 09:20  

Y W Rowan, we need all the help we can get, on the roads today

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2013 09:44  

The info on the card is for professional medics to administer suitable treatment to an individual. They are trained to remove your helmet correctly. The info would be of little use to an untrained bystander, therefore the the fact the card is inside your helmet doesn't create much of a problem.
I have one in my helmet and the fact it is there means it's with me everytime I ride I bike and it never gets forgotten.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 18/01/2013 21:32  

Just for info the card is free guys, we both carry one

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 18/01/2013 23:01  

I have one too. Had it since my accident in 2010.. To let them know i have a big metal rod in my leg....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2013 17:48  

ALL emergncy services not just ambulance staff are trained in correctly removing a helmet. People are told NOT to remove helmets purely so random members of the public dont attempt to do it and cause more injury. I have a crash card although due to weather quickly lost my green dot. It is a fantastic scheme and something i very proactively promote at work. As someone else said the information on the card is useess to members of the public but could save your life. You can put allergies etc on. Should you be unconscious with no ID it could save your life.

Update Reply
OMNF @ 24/01/2013 14:39  

There is no bigger favour you can do a paramedic – and yourself in the event of a crash – than keeping a Crash Card in your helmet. It's the idea of the motorcyclists within the ambulance service itself. The Crash Card is a simple business-card-sized note you store inside the padding of your helmet which gives attending paramedics useful, and at times vital, info without delay. An accompanying green dot sticker you put on the outside of your helmet alerts them to the presence of a card. There's advice for riders who find themselves first on the scene of an accident involving riders too. It's the brainchild of the Ambulance Motorcycle Club CRASH Card, free and has the support of the Highways Agency, the National Police Bikesafe team and the IAM. You can get yours from numerous locations across the UK http://www.ambulancemotorcycleclub.co.uk/ Info from Guy Procter, MCN, June 2011 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/02/2013 08:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email