MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Riderscan

Riderscan - Forums [Biker Match] Riderscan - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Riderscan

Anyone have one of these, experiences please! http://www.huntercreate.com/shop/riderscan

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 06/01/2013 17:28  

i'v already ordered one just waiting for it to be delivered

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/01/2013 02:13  

http://www.huntercreate.com/s.../riderscan

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/01/2013 06:04  

Can it be fitted on a naked bike with no screen? Not sure there would be room for it without obscuring clocks Good idea though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2013 09:12  

It can be fitted to any bike ZED with the extra fitting kit and all the reviews look good but Id really like to get some feed back from fellow BM's so maybe BIKERBILL can give us the rundown when his arrives. Thanks peeps

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 07/01/2013 11:05  

Nice 1 m8

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2013 11:09  

1 the blindspot Mirror will only show you who is about to knock you off. 2 Dazzle from headlights at night. You will never beat looking over your shoulder

Update Reply
JP @ 07/01/2013 11:53  

Good point JP

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2013 12:41  

Can't argue with the point about looking over your shoulder JP apparently no dazzle it claims but lets get some real feed back from peeps using the product

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 07/01/2013 12:50  

Whilst I too wait with interest for some real feedback I can't help thinking that the rider will be in the centre of "it" all the time Which may well prove to be a major distraction From what I can see of the mirror on the advert It is little, if no better, than standard mirrors Which, if correctly set up, can give a good view of "most" of the road behind you I have to agree with JP though, that there is no substitute for a "good look" over the shoulder

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/01/2013 13:47  

on there site they show it fitted to lots of different bikes so have a look it should fit any they also show the view you get with it fitted and it seem ok to me, i'm not putting my bike on the road till March but can tell you then how it works

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/01/2013 18:53  

Sorry, but things like this teach laziness. Riders should use a positive check, i.e looking over shoulders before any manouver. Dont rely on mirrors alone, you will become a victim.

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 08/01/2013 12:06  

I agree GS having nearly ploughed into the side of a car the other day because i just looked in my mirror luckily i instinctively glanced over my shoulder at the very last minute thus avoiding an accident.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2013 12:21  

mirrors usefull..but a look over the shoulder ALWAYS pays,,,,

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 09/01/2013 09:55  

Well its arrived and looks ok, i have sat on the bike and held it were i will fix it, low down below the line of the instument, the view i get is under my arms and apart from a small section in the middle behind my body i get great side views all the way down both sides, i will deffinatly use it on both the bikes i am putting on the road this year. Although i dont think this should be used insteed of looking over your shoulder i know it will help me to keep track of other road users, so surely any thing that my make it a bit safer out there has to be a good thing. Will let you know how i get on with it after Easter.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/01/2013 01:57  

Look forward to reading your final thoughts on the product BikeaBill, the reviews I have read on the net and in some of the biking mags give it the thumbs up as a extra aid.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 10/01/2013 17:07  

i had one on my zx9 (had to turn it upside down to fit it tho). its a bit distracting, like watching yourself on a video. it gave good alround view but most of the time i forgot to use it because i felt a lot safer using my instincts

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2013 14:03  

Life Saver Look before committing your manoeuvre ... That is what my Instructor taught me and what you get examined on!

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 11/03/2013 14:17  

Not tried this yet, will be putting my bike back on the road soon so will try it then, if you can get on with it and it helps it has to be good but of course you should still glanze over your shoulder as well.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/04/2013 16:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email