MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Whisky Tour May 2013

Whisky Tour May 2013 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Whisky Tour May 2013 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Whisky Tour May 2013

Ardrossan - Arran - Kintyre - Islay - Oban - Mull - Ardnamurchan then over the Moidart twisties to Mallaig - Skye Return via A87 / A82 If there is a small party, we need not book exact ferries. But if several wanna come, may well be prudent to book.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2013 22:28  

where are you planning to camp , and for how long ?
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 06/02/2013 23:32  

Plan?.... 1 or 2 nights on Arran, Islay, Mull , Skye. No specific campsites in mind, except Kildonan on Arran.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2013 10:54  

Plan ?
I think if you wish to take a group of people on six ferries to four islands three campsites one b&b in one week , some sort of planning is going to be necessary .
E.g. The Islay to Oban ferry only runs on a wednesday .
If you plan to go from Islay to Mull . You need to be at the harbour at 09:30 ,(opposite side of the island from the campsites) you will arrive on Mull at 16:45. A tad late to 'find' a campsite.
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/02/2013 20:48  

Well so far Dusty, there's only me and XK commited to the trip 1066 and yourself have expresed an interest but nothing definite You just said you'd prefer 2 weeks or 2 seperate trips And it's not on the calendar yet as not enough names to make a submission worthwhile Unless folk post in THIS thread that they "want" to go, we dont know "who" wants to go So it's not really worth making hard and fast plans just for me an XK Would you like to make a firm "commitment" to the trip Dusty

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/02/2013 21:25  

Please copy and paste & add your names if your interested XK Emzed

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/02/2013 21:27  

This is such a Brilliant idea that even if it falls through . I do believe I'll take that week as my Scottish Holiday and go to the Islands anyway Please copy and paste & add your names if your interested XK Emzed DUSTIN666

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 09/02/2013 18:59  

XK what are the current dates your working on?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/02/2013 19:40  

Riding to Ardrossan Sat 18th May, and if in time catch a late ferry to
Arran, camping at Kildonan. A week's tour, flexible; the only constraint being we must leave Islay on the wednesday to Oban.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2013 10:53  

Kildonan is the name of the hotel
The campsite is called Seal Shore .

Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 17/02/2013 16:42  

Whatever, so long as u get the 1st round in...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2013 19:55  

Absolutely , one pint and lots of straws. I have to say , that pub had a great atmosphere last year . there must have been about thirty BMs having a great time every night . A full Scottish breakfast for £7.00 in the hotel overlooking the beach . The perfect cure for a hangover. Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 19/02/2013 09:30  

Five weeks to go - any more takers?

This is not on Events as only 3 going so far.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2013 12:30  

Hi XK , I thought you had given up on this coz you have put yourself down for Squires spring bike show that starts the following friday . I put my name down aswell and ''Drove to drink'' the weekend before . What's the craic ?
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/04/2013 19:15  

Might have to give the the Squires bash the elbow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2013 15:55  

Hi guys ..Ive spent a little time up in Scotland Its a fantastic biking country ... I really would have liked to come along on this even though Im not a lover of whisky .. The only thing I would throw in the mix is something i spoke to emz about and that is your fuel stops !! they can be a little spars up there and some do not open after a certain time and certain days ... I hope you have a cracking time

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 14/04/2013 16:07  

XK,

as I have been sadly absent too much here,
and as this is my final summer before retirement, and the taking up of drinking red wine and WHISKY (and whiskey, I am 3/4 Irish)

I feel the need to join you on this auspicious occasion, (we may need more supervision)
XK

Emzed

DUSTIN666

old yeti.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 14/04/2013 22:06  

"Enjoy the whiskey and scenery folks! s,"

ps MoMeg, are you not volunteering to
as tour guide?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 14/04/2013 22:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email