MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

WW III ... Campaign For Conventional Rearmament

WW III ... Campaign For Conventional Rearmament - Forums [Biker Match] WW III ... Campaign For Conventional Rearmament - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

WW III ... Campaign For Conventional Rearmament

Has anybody else been watching the new's and thinking that the loonies in power may actually be blind to the trend towards another flaming flare up in the middle east. The last time we decreased the standing of our military we ended up as the USA's largest aircraft carrier ( ie WW II ). We tend to think that we are immune to attack because of our supply of nuke's but everybody and his uncle it seem's nowaday's, has a pile of the damn thing's . So is it wise to be downsizing the armed forces simply to get some pimply oik elected to parliament who wish's to save a few bob by undercutting our ability to defend our home.
Just A Thought ..... shavehead52

Update Reply
shavehead52 @ 17/11/2012 02:12  

Downsizing of our armed forces is more to do with (lack of) money than politics, isn't it? BTW I'm moving this thread to the GENERAL forum as it doesn't fit any of the other categories. (First posts are usually made in the NEWBIES forum, as an introduction and an opportunity to say hi to fellow members. Welcome to the forums)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/11/2012 06:23  

i agree with Sandi it is about saving money and not really about the politics of it. i could then say what has the latest flare up in the middle east to do with the uk or are we just wading in everywhere now ........after all we ARE British ....and therefore right on very issue!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/11/2012 16:29  

I dont think our armed forces should be downsized NO..... and they should not be in afghanistan now and never should have been... bt oil and wealth and rights to it meant that our armed services have no choice but to do what they are asked by the government .........
and as usual if there is something to do with oil then our country will get involved... The Ironic thing......... Tony Blair is out in the middle east acting as peace emissery WTF ??? - just goes to show to them its all just a board game like monopoly but with real lives and real weapons adn they dont give a flying feck about anything except money and oil....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2012 17:27  

When it comes down to it, every war is about money.... might be disguised as human bloody rights and whatever... but its still about money

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 17/11/2012 17:58  

SHOOT 'EM ALL,LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT !!!!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/11/2012 20:17  

Give ALL international politicians a gun and a "playground" tell em to sort themselves out, ordinary folk of any race,creed or colour just want to live their threescore years and ten in PEACE.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2012 17:56  

damn,i was planning on at least 99 years to cram everything in.....buggrit.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/11/2012 21:06  

SHOOT 'EM ALL,LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT Which God would that be?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2012 22:40  

The way I see it, we should stand well back and let the middle east have it's war. When it's all over, we can then run in from the sidelines and stake a claim on any and all mineral rights, first one in gets the prezzie. Et Voila, the beginning of a new British Empire.... God save her and all who didn't vote in the general elections.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2012 01:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email