MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Thundersprint April 2013

Thundersprint April 2013 - Forums [Biker Match] Thundersprint April 2013 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Thundersprint April 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-20308786

I for 1 am pleased that Trac Mon is getting more Bike events than it already has
A whole weekend can be made of this event as there is camping facilities.....Clubhouse .....bands are put on at BIG events.
Its a cracking weekend it a beautiful part of Wales.
I have been several times with my man and love it there.
I know there is alot that arent gonna like the move BUT I think the new Venue is better

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 14:12  

Why the move?there's most probably more to it,health & safety crap maybe!

but would make a great BM camping weekend.

Goose

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2012 22:24  

Thundersprint Northwich Town Centre Bike Show may

not this one then ??????#

Update Reply
kaycat @ 14/11/2012 22:34  

Goose.....it wud make an excellent BM weekend
Reasons are in the link I have put up....doesnt seem to be a clickable link....u may have to copy & paste it to read it.

Kay.....its being moved from Northwich to Trac Mon in Anglesey

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 22:50  

There was talk back in May that the 2012 Thundersprint would be the last in its present form. From what I remember, the issue was that the car park used as the race course was being redeveloped/remodelled. Presumably the local authorities in Northwich couldn't come up with an acceptable alternative.
I notice that the stories refer to a date in April for 2013, rather than the traditional second weekend in May, but neither the Trac Mon nor Thundersprint websites have anything definite.

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/11/2012 23:21  

Hiya Wills.....the date of April 21st is on the official Thundersprint fan club on FaceBook.....
There is gonna be good and bad reviews about the move BUT I think its a good move and nobody will change my view....I love going to Trac Mon and at the end of the day we have to travel further to other events....works both ways to have summat localish to us

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 23:36  

yes it could be a good wk end an a BM camp

Update Reply
Ninja Lou @ 15/11/2012 00:22  

can someone tell me were Trac Mon is please, i's not on my map

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/11/2012 00:33  

now i know were it is, sorry but i dont think it will work as a BM event, i dont think there as been a decent BM type event at a race meeting yet, the problem is that the atmosphere not the same, the organizers have different priority's they are catering for a race meeting and spectators not for campers, so you usual end up out in a corner or even out side the circuit somewhere, unlike a rally were the focus is the rally or a camping weekend which is centered around a pub

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/11/2012 02:19  

I beg to differ Bill......if u have never been to Trac Mon then I think its unfair to say it wudnt be a good meet.
We camp~albeit in the van when we go there~many do do tents tho and have a fab time.
U can camp and watch the racing from where u are set up.
We take our own food and fire.
Catering is for everyone at the club house as is the catering trucks.
Any meet is what u make it

Hiya Lou......yes it cud be and like I have said.....any meet is what u make it

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 09:38  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...s-20308786 You never know, you may get to see *William and Kate while you're in Anglesey *is a biker too

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2012 10:33  

Thanks for a clickable Sandi
Dunno why mine didnt show up the same

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 10:47  

Y W J9 it sometimes depends on what software you use, some don't seem to be compatible with BM. This event is now on the calendar, thanks BB and J9 2013 sees the introduction of an entrance fee, see the calendar for details http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3810

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2012 11:14  

Thanks Sandi

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 11:21  

£10 entrance inc parking isn't to bad,but only 1 day ! come on! make it a weekend at least.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2012 20:25  

Goose....camping is free so u can go early on Sat & make it longer.
U may even be able to go on the Friday cos I am sure the competitors and stalls etc just wont turn up on the Sun.

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 21:19  

mm 10 to watch the sprint then ??? coming free ??
so un like before it not a family day out at 10 a go
and Angeles o my the locals will not be happy

if it were the bike show is ???

Update Reply
kaycat @ 15/11/2012 21:41  

Under 16's accompanied go FREE Kay.
The locals will be happy as it will be bringing alot of revenue onto the island

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 21:48  

I'll be up for it anyway,will make a great ride down,the routes are endless,bring it on.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2012 21:54  

Goose I just been reading the Daily post and it says in there about it being the whole weekend~which actually makes more sense
And if thats the case we will do what we normally do & go up Fri afternoon and make a weekend of it
We come thro the Ogwen Valley which is stunning.....even in a van lol

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 22:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email