MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Events for 2013 - What would you like?

Events for 2013 - What would you like? - Forums [Biker Match] Events for 2013 - What would you like? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Events for 2013 - What would you like?

Hiya folks

Were looking at what events we can put on next year, and are looking for some ideas from you guys for what kind of things you would like to do, see, visit whatever :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/11/2012 09:47  

I have noticed that alot of members work shifts and weekend rota's so thay need to be caterd for even if its just via threads with something like "Im free this monday tuesday who up for a ride". Bad choice of wording but gets the post noticed lol . How about night ride's or early starts for some starting a ride out at 11am is daft half of the day is gone in the summer. If you have a ride out to the coast starting after 9 is a pain you have lost most of the morning

Update Reply
JP @ 05/11/2012 10:30  

Perhaps a visit to Withernsea, East Yorkshire, in August?, date TBC. The annual bike show takes place then alongside the Summertime Special, a live musical show aimed at all the family. Both events are free. All the organising is done by someone else, we just get ourselves there and book our own accommodation, if needed. If the bike show is on the 25th August that is a Bank holiday weekend so folk could stay overnite, to make the journey worth the travel? There are caravan sites all over the place in that area, probably B & B and possibly a hotel (not sure if The Queen's is still open) Just googled B & Bs couldn't find any but a few hotels/Inns (how could I forget them, I had one of my hen nites in them lol) The pubs are very close to the promenade, where the bike show is, and the beach, obviously.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/11/2012 11:56  

Howsabout going 'en masse' to one of the smaller rallies? Would we qualify for the 'largest club turnout' award?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2012 12:20  

like it XK how about picnic in teh park lol a ride out to some historical old buildings would be nice and chill out with picnic if grounds big enough or something pmsl at JP "its monday and im free for a ride"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2012 13:02  

if i was a bit closer i'd come and give you a ride Suzi

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/11/2012 14:49  

lmao Bill - id be riding now bt i dont like doing it by myself....... not so much fun.... pmsl anyhow back to topic...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2012 14:57  

It has been suggested that we have a mass ride to (place to be decided) give blood at a mobile unit if we can arrange it, would you guys be up for that?

Takes approx 10 mins to do and 10 mins to recoup :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/11/2012 16:12  

That is a brilliant suggestion Jackie but....................there's no way I could do it! I'm such a wimp where needles are concerned but I'd be more than happy to go along to support the brave folk

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 05/11/2012 16:17  

Good Idea but maybe better local centers Blackberry you can make the tea and toast

Update Reply
JP @ 05/11/2012 16:34  

If enough people say maybe then i will go speak with the NBS guys who's building is only 500 yards from were i work to get finer details :) such as how long before driving/riding etc :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/11/2012 16:39  

you have to be screened before you can give blood and Im not allowed

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 05/11/2012 22:44  

Good idea about Withernsea Sandi, i've a couple of friends that live in the town, so i'll get some info. Another idea for a future event and maybe worth a mention is water sports, i've heard that 'ringo' is quite a laugh x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2012 23:40  

Hi Sherry, my ex hubby and his parents (both dead now) used to live in With' and I also have a friend who lives there. I wouldn't be surprised if your friends know my friend, and even know my ex, as With' is one of those towns where everyone knows everyone else, or they used to.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/11/2012 01:39  

For me .more rideouts on the lines of the Pilly day ..... i cant really do rallies due to marriage LOL....but shift commitments, and family committments. But deffo more Midland ridouts or should i say rideouts from the midlands to somewhere. But like JR says, i do ad-hoc rides in the week, i'll stick those on too. Generally Bourton......Matlock.............east midlands..............always involves food with me

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/11/2012 16:38  

We could have a TAKE SANDI SHOPPING ridout too

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/11/2012 16:39  

also some more pub nights..........reall enjoyed the one i went on anway.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/11/2012 16:42  

Shopping? Why's that then A J? (Have you been peeping in my cupboard and fridge?) Even the mice have moved out

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/11/2012 17:12  

Was one of your posts once Sure i saw it somewhere

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/11/2012 17:13  

Not sure what post you mean A J, I used to go shopping with my bike, when I had it, but wouldn't go pillion. Thanks for thinking of me tho I'm all for 'Pick up a Pilly' days, well I would be wouldnt I? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/11/2012 17:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email