MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Bike wanted

Bike wanted  - Forums [Biker Match] Bike wanted  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Bike wanted

As some of u may be awaire I have finally plucked up the courage to learn to ride but I will need a bike to learn on have no idea what to get.

Any ideas?

And anyone selling one? I'm not rich and know its gonna get dropped so nothing expensive for first one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2012 17:31  

Best option is book a course of lessons using there bike

Update Reply
JP @ 01/10/2012 17:33  

Gonna do cbt in next couple of weeks or so. But to do corse of lessons gonna need to save so want something to use in mean time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2012 18:51  

I wouldn't bother gettting a bike at all. In my opinion you are much better spending your money on doing your cbt on a school bike, then keeping the momentum going and booking as many lessons as you can with a view to passing your test before the changes come in January. It will be a lot harder (and more expensive) moving up to a bigger bike after mid-january If you definitely want to get a bike ask your instructor for advice. they often know of bikes for sale with peeps who have just got through good luck with which ever way you decide to do it....and bestest wishes for discovering the joy of riding yourself. It's definitely worth the effort

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/10/2012 20:00  

what min says sounds good to me ronnie

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/10/2012 21:16  

Advice recieved is good, if you do buy all the Jap bikes are good, myself I have a YBR Yam 125 as well as the ZZR. Its a great little machine fuel injected, centre stand, great for small trips to work or town, although well capable of longer trips. does struggle with hills with me on it then at 6foot and 18 stone suppose its Ele/Roller skate. remember meeting a German guy who used to ride a BMW 250 from Ger to Crete every year, that was less H Power as he said why go fast you miss everything?? Yam is 12 HP, Suzuki are bringing out the Izuma 250 soon 24 BHP could easily travel the world on that at UK speed limits, best of luck

Update Reply
ZZRTAR @ 01/10/2012 21:21  

Agree with other posts, best get CBT done and dusted first. It will be harder after January due to new laws etc. However if you dont mind staying with a 125 for a while you can ride that for up to 2 years after passing CBT. If you fancy the cruiser style of bike the honda shadow 125 looks a lot bigger than a 125 good for over 70 mph, I know this is true as a mate has one. What ever you do i am sure you will enjoy it.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 01/10/2012 21:24  

Hi Ronnie I got my Honda CBF125 for sale got a picture on my profile. I bought her new Jan 2011 its done just over 4k miles brilliant bike and good on fuel. Good luck nbc

Update Reply
newbikerchick @ 01/10/2012 21:56  

i think i will be taking mini advice as want to get it done asap and cant afford to do both just yet. by time i get it done ex should have coughed up some money he owes me. cheers lovelys

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2012 19:43  

I didn't buy my bike until the day after I passed the Mod2. I used the the bike at the school. The lesson price covers you for insurance and petrol. I did the lessons and tests in a short space of time though, so for me buying a 125 beforehand didn't seem worth the money as I knew I would be buying the Honda (and having it restricted for 2 years). Would have lost out on the depreciation value of it for the few weeks I would have used it for. However that said, if I hadn't have passed then because i wouldn't have been able to take the test for another 4 months (time restrictions - they don't do tests at the weekends) I would have then bought a 125 to knock around on and get some practice in. Have a think through about how long you think its going to take and then have a plan b. Also ask your instructor. I got a good deal from the dealership because of the relationship between the school/instructors and them.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 05/10/2012 13:42  

hi check out my bike its for sale .im only in doncaster. thanks roz

Update Reply
cockneychick @ 06/10/2012 19:47  

Ronnie, I know a few days ago I suggested that the best route (IMO) was to concentrate your resources on cracking on with lessons after your CBT, rather than buying a 125. .....over the last few days it's become clear that time is running out to achieve a full license before the changes in the rules come in mid-January. I've had to re-book a Mod 1 date, LisaJ has also been booking & I know a couple of others....the reality is that the slots are becoming all booked up and we are having to accept dates in November (the earliest the Carlisle test site can offer a mod 1 is the first week in December!!!)....we then have to get through the Mod 2 as well (eeeks!) Booking an intense course with a bike school (who often have a batch of test date slots pre-booked) could be an option??? If you are still thinking of buying a bike you really really need to seek advice from an instructor about the options and implications so you can make a properly informed decision cos this is a time of change Bestest wishes x

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/10/2012 22:18  

I assume you have now booked a CBT ? But if not, why not try www.geton.co.uk first....make sure you fancy it before parting with any money ????? GET A FREE GO FIRST.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 07/10/2012 04:14  

What bike you after? I have a beautiful Triumph Daytona for sale.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 19:18  

so the outcome is... don't delay get it booked today if ya can , hope it works out for you chick i agree with minnie in so much that i didnt buy a bike, i did my cbt then applied for a credit card simply so i could ring up and book 6 lessons and test using the school's 125 - i couldnt do it on their 500 as i was too short to reach floor safely pmsl!! anyhow bought a cbr400 before taking test which was restricted which i had for 2 years before yipppeeeeee able to ride anything.. just get yaself booked on chick if you can x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2012 13:40  

can i just add i took my direct access with a local nfl training centre an did find them gd but took a while to get a retest booking so i would say if ur going to book i would do it rarther sooner than later

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 03/11/2012 19:34  

i got 2 x 125ccs for sale , best option is d.a.s this side of january

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 06/11/2012 16:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email