MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Question (in theory) about Squires

Question (in theory) about Squires - Forums [Biker Match] Question (in theory) about Squires - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Question (in theory) about Squires

One of these Sundays before the year is out (and I'm not stuck in work which would be a novelty) would anyone fancy a ride up to Squires from the Midlands area to see what all the fuss is about. Could cater the ride for all abilities so adjust the start time accordingly and a meeting place to suit, plus we could all get lost together as i dont have a clue where it is once you get up norfffffffff.. Be a nice day out if the weathers ok. thoughts ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/09/2012 08:43  

Don't think there'll be any shortage of volunteers from the Midlands to lead you into temptation!
You say riders of all abilities - just make sure everyone's comfy with motorways and fast dual carriageways, otherwise it could be a very long trek from the Midlands.

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/09/2012 09:35  

Well would be nice, i love me bike but always on my own mainly as i work most weekends.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/09/2012 09:38  

Youv'e not been to Squires yet ? Shame on you lad !! Only joking lol, you will love it... hopefully you get a posse together and have a great time...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2012 09:47  

lad ????? you make me sound really young LOL OH yes you just had a birthday ..............

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/09/2012 09:49  

Count me in as i ve never been there either

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 16/09/2012 09:51  

Oi... i read that lolol.... Get a date fixed then it can go on the events calendar, im sure you will get lots of names down for it...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2012 09:52  

im up for that long as we set off early to make a day of it

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 16/09/2012 09:57  

Gawddddddd 11/11/12 is the first day i have off that i could do. Could be a 'remembrance day run' to Squires. I'll give it a go see what happens. Someone will have to look out for us, mind cant miss my hideously yellow AA bike. LOL

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/09/2012 09:58  

OK well i'll run it by HQ when i get home, should be ok and i'll stick in on events.............. GingerJen is sending me a route off the A1 so at least we'll have a bit of a clue how to get there.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/09/2012 10:17  

Think lots of folk that join you will know the route too... From mine the M1 is way out...A1 is easy peasy... Route sent via PM...Hope that helps...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2012 10:28  

....... Be a great meet up will this is folks can make it......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2012 10:36  

If anyone has the time and wants a good ride without motorways,and goes to Matlock,you could check out Ashbourne,Buxton,Glossop,Snake Pass,Stocksbridge,Barnsley Potntefract,A1M,Sherburn B1222.
Safe riding.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2012 11:16  

Squires, a biker cafe bar with large bike park and car park, on-site accessories shop and various events throughout the year such as autojumbles and annual bike show. Opening hours vary winter and summer, check with Squires staff for updates. Carvery every Sunday, one course £7.50 (price correct at April 2012) FREE camping, unless otherwise stated on flyers or posters within the cafe. Proper showers, small fee, see staff at Squires. Indoor synthetic ice rink, £3 for 30 minutes, including skate hire. Price correct at January 2012. Check with cafe staff for updates. This venue is a regular for Biker Match members so if you're a newbie feel free to join in. It's my 'local', when I can get a lift. November may be a bit cold, which means not as many bikers gathering there, if I can get a lift I'll be there.Any questions re the cafe and its facilities contact Jasen at the cafe, details are on the calendar, or Squires website Calendar: http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3159 Squires: www.squires-cafe.co.uk

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/09/2012 11:30  

It's long time since I've been to Squires so might join you all there. But it's a boring ride down from Durham and there is a risk I might get distracted by some empty, twistiness on the way

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/09/2012 12:27  

Its my birthday on 12th Nov so i might join you all for a birthday hot chocolate!!

Update Reply
OMNF @ 16/09/2012 15:37  

You should be treated to a choccie as its your b'day

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/09/2012 16:25  

then i'll definitely be there!

Update Reply
OMNF @ 16/09/2012 17:58  

There is a running event listing on the events calender for Squires so if your going with the 11th Oct you may as well just start adding names

Update Reply
JP @ 16/09/2012 18:19  

I went there for the first time on my way to Lake District, must admit was a dam good breakfast, (large of course). sounds good hope to join in on that one.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 16/09/2012 21:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email