MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

proud of ya kids

proud of ya kids  - Forums [Biker Match] proud of ya kids  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

proud of ya kids

my son is 24 and has just been accepted in to the army he takes his oath 18th october and goes away on 28th about time son well done. i told him at 16 to join up but he knew better. but he got there eventually.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2012 12:15  

My son at 25 just graduated and is now a proper Doctor lol could not be prouder of him and it grows each and every day :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/09/2012 13:41  

Hi Ronnie, I hope your lad is safe wherever he is sent. I'm proud of myself and my son Shadz, for the most part I brought Shadz up on my own, his dad was away a lot as he was in the forces. When he was home he left the disciplining to me as it was me that was with him most of the time. Everyone who met Shadz, when he was a youngster, said what a pleasant lad he is and a pleasure to be in his company. He never complained or asked for things when he was taken out. Even as a child he would share his sweets, without me telling him to. (Maybe I got the wrong baby in the hospital lol) He's 27 now and been in the Navy for 10 years, now a Petty Officer, like his dad, and recently got engaged. I'm just proud of, and happy for, him cos he's a decent human being, all the rest of his achievements are a huge bonus, so thanks Shadz, love you loads XXX

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/09/2012 16:30  

Im always proud of my three daughters..they've been through SO much the last few years that they put some adults to shame..despite their loss & subsequent hassle from narrow minded individuals..Fays managed to get her gcses and got into Sixth Form to do her A levels...my twins are doing well and are in all the top sets!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2012 17:19  

I brought him up alone for most of it we have had our ups and downs but he is my baby my 1st born he may be 6ft5 but i still see him as that cheeky 5 year old with a dodgy hair cut.
although i'm very proud of him and know it will be good for him, it worries me , but what sort of a parent would i be if it didnt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2012 17:37  

We are lucky that our kids have gone through a lot, and have turned out to young people we can be proud of. We must have been doing something right.

My 4 sons make me proud. They are all working, the youngest is in the final year of his apprenticeship doing alarms and cctv. He works away a lot, does nights, comes home exhausted but with a smile on his face. Bless him, he has a happy nature.

The 3 youngest had it hard as they were living with their dad who mysteriously became ill. I reckon it is/was depression but he insisted it was physical and although he saw the psychiatric team, he still insisted he had a physical problem. He even spoiled Christmas for them by getting himself admitted to hospital.

They were all close to their step dad and were as devastated as me, when he died suddenly last year. Dave, to his credit, was as proud of my sons as he was of his children. Basically they were his children, that's how he thought of them, and they loved and respected him, which sadly is more than they do of their own father.

They all came and spent Christmas with me last year, unprompted, as it was the first without Dave.

When the inquest finally happens, I suspect they will turn up to give me support, but only because they want to.

Update Reply
Barbara @ 06/09/2012 19:55  

My daughter may only be 8 but she is my proudest achievement in life. Nothing compares to those special memories and funny moments. She is the wonderful, polite, kind and articulate child despite having been brought up solely by me, (must be nature not nuture lol). It is sometimes sad to see her struggle due to her AD/HD but she will always be my reason for being. My something kind of wonderful.

Update Reply
hurtz @ 09/09/2012 13:11  

My daughters are the apple of my eye.....me and their mum are split up but they see me regularly and they look forward to spending time with me, they are the most polite and well behaved kids...... Funny as anyone could be......oldest is 8 going on 13 if you listen to her ha ha. We are busy planning a little weekend away together......youngest is just started school and loving it.......I'm proud of them for the people they are and of who they are becoming.... But hey maybe I'm a little bias lol...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2012 03:49  

JTB would love to be a fly on the wall the first time they bring a boy home lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/09/2012 09:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email