MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

define what a rally is and why it is for someone who has'ent done one

define what a rally is and why it is for someone who has'ent done one   - Forums [Biker Match] define what a rally is and why it is for someone who has'ent done one   - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

define what a rally is and why it is for someone who has'ent done one

as the title says ,im interested to know what it really is ,
is it just a camp in field ,with lots of drinking , which is all good :) , but what happens as far as the idea of bikes and getting out to ride is concerned ,so many people attending these do's ,i would think a mass rideout must be beyound the realms of sensible .

any thoughts on this would be great to know ,from someone who just rides all over ,without worrying about mileage

cheers steve

Update Reply
kwackers05 @ 30/08/2012 11:13  

is it just a camp in field ,with lots of drinking For a very small rally ie <100, yes, but it's the quality that makes the rally. Grand peeps, larf a minute banter, and some decent beer! Bigger rallys provide more facilities and invite traders. It's always useful to have a pub nearby; warm, dry, loos, food, and of course Rideouts are sub-divided according to ability and experience, speed, destination etc. So there is not a 'mass' rideout, although meetups can be arranged.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2012 12:21  

were bikers go to chill catch up drink talk sith with like minded peeps and get wet
all good fun

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/08/2012 12:31  

I percieve a Rally to be a group of likeminded people-in this instance bikers-Rallying together for the same cause, to eat, drink, chat and enjoy the company of each other. The rideouts from K.I.S.S Rally last year fractured into 3 groups, a ride to a well known watering hole with further ride, a ride to a bike show and bikerbills marathon into Wales(about 9-10 hours that one) As to the mass rideout, you can join organsed runs i.e easter egg runs, RTTW..etc..etc which are usually(neccasarily)marshalled/controlled by the area constabulary.

Update Reply
old red @ 30/08/2012 13:01  

I have no idea what a rally entails, as I will be losing my cherry at KISS!

So I will tell you on Sunday

(If I get through it alive that is!)

Update Reply
Eight @ 30/08/2012 13:07  

Should actually be a few cherry pies that weekend!! And no-one has told you what to expect!? Oh my god!!! I'll promise you now, nothing will happen to Claude(just in case you don't recover from the ordeal soon enough)

Update Reply
old red @ 30/08/2012 13:16  

Don't old red, I'm already thinking of bringing my mum for protection...

Not that kind of protection, naughty!

And yes people have been kind enough to tell me what to expect...That's why I'm terrified!

Update Reply
Eight @ 30/08/2012 13:23  

dont worry emma it will be us girls together against the lads pmsl and we will win.we just gonna chill out have a beer and boogie our socks off

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/08/2012 14:41  

we drink,dance,listen to live bands,eat junk food,drink,dance,chat to luverly peeps,eat,drink,dance,maybe sleep a bit.its about getting to see friends you may not see anywhere else due to distance apart.
we paaaaarrrtttyyyyy!!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/08/2012 14:47  

Sounds good to me Debs.

I've been in training for this event...

Eating junk food three times a day and getting lashed every night!

Anymore of this and I will have to call "Simply be" for an emergency delivery

Update Reply
Eight @ 30/08/2012 14:57  

*thinking of bringing my mum for protection*!!! WTF Emma...You planning on deodorising us all to death, heard it all now, protecting herself with a roll on deodorant, not quite the same effect as a mace can(and no I don'tmean the stuff in recipes!).

Update Reply
old red @ 30/08/2012 16:42  

Update Reply
Eight @ 30/08/2012 17:57  

Laugh, chortle, guffaw, shriek, snort, split sides

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/08/2012 20:18  

so in essence ,it is a mad piss up .just as i thought ,perhaps i should get myself along to one

Update Reply
kwackers05 @ 30/08/2012 20:31  

Damm right you should kwackers old chap, don't forget to bring the mankini, waters normally lovely and warm, just like the beer in Wales..

Update Reply
old red @ 30/08/2012 20:43  

Was invited to the Ogri rally a couple of years ago by a couple of work mates.... before i even had a bike!!.. fookin' awesome do!! Everyone on the same wavelength, no aggro, muchos beer, awesome entertainment, a place to be yourself... not much riding going on but plenty of shiny things to ogle.

Oh, forgot to mention, being a rally virgin, I was forcefully stripped and spent 4 hours looking for my clothes.. apparently its tradition, and who was I to argue? It was very cold though (thats my excuse!) and to be fair, the beer was on the house after that for being such a good sport :) Highly recommended!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2012 21:45  

i did ogri for many years absolutly fantastic rally prob is tickets sell out within days of going on sale its that popular

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/08/2012 21:48  

I was feeling reassured until the naked bit. Thanks alot Kane...!

Aargh!!!!

Update Reply
Eight @ 30/08/2012 22:13  

s'ok emma they dont do that to women ogri are a good bunch they respect women lol
we wont do owt like that cos it says no nudity

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 30/08/2012 22:15  

thank f*** for that!

Looking forward to seeing you tomoz Debs xxx

Update Reply
Eight @ 30/08/2012 22:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email