MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

food at squires

food at squires  - Forums [Biker Match] food at squires  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

food at squires

Anyone going to squires keep away from the yourskire puds and turkey . Dog meat yak makes you ill dave and i had one last night . can think of a better way to spend a tenner

Update Reply
ninja jan @ 23/08/2012 15:30  

Thanks for the "heads up" on that Jan Apart from the general stuff like tea, coffee and pasties I've only eaten at Squires twice First time was at PB's birthday, where I thought the "carvery" was excellent, and good value for money The second time was at the R & B weekend and I ordered pie and chips but got a plateful of fried potato scraps Being me, I naturally took it back and was given a fresh meal, which was in the most part, edible But how many folk would have just "given up" and left it So I wont be eating "front of house" again, anytime soon

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/08/2012 15:49  

Be safe be warned absolute rip off . Took it back and told the chef dog food mate will be speaking to jason when we go at weekend . The carvery is good not a happy bunny poor nitro70 was not well this morning bless

Update Reply
ninja jan @ 23/08/2012 16:00  

I know they were a chef down at Rock n Bike but wasn't clear whether that was permanent because someone had left or what. Jason certainly wasn't happy when folk tried to complain that weekend.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2012 16:05  

He,ll know at weekend when i see him been ill all day . had a laugh with jason when he called my number out then he dissapeared but i will catch up with him . Ive been going there years and the old milk bar from been a kid with my dad . will have to see what he says .

Update Reply
ninja jan @ 23/08/2012 16:09  

Hi Jan, I imagine that if you complained to the staff about the food being off, which I'm assuming is what you mean in your first post? that the food will have been removed, and disposed of, immediately. The health authorities take food poisoning very seriously. I've been going to Squires, at its current location, for 10 yrs and in the beginning the food was pretty dire, as in not cooked very well, over cooked, salad not fresh etc, tho nothing to harm anyone. It's improved over the years, no idea if it was the same chef as it is now so can't say if that is the reason it's improved. I have to say tho that Jasen seems to have got grumpier over the years, and can be quite rude. If you are sure the food made you ill maybe you should contact the health authorities, what makes one person ill can kill another. All age groups visit Squires and eat there. In MHO at the very least you should get a refund and another meal and a very large apology from Jasen.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/08/2012 16:50  

hi sandi I dont want to rock any boats as i go there 3 or4 times a week i only live ten mins away. and all my freinds are there . I will certainly be having choice words with jason he wont get a chance to be bolshy with me he knows better after all my name over there is pocket rocket lol he knows i can fire up

Update Reply
ninja jan @ 23/08/2012 17:11  

I'd hardly call it rocking boats to report food poisoning to the authorities. I've had food poisoning twice and one of those times it lasted 2 weeks and I couldn't even keep water down, I was very poorly. I have crohn's disease and my immune system is weak so another bout of food poisoning would be more serious for me than most. To be honest I'm surprised someone hasn't been ill before now cos they never throw away their chipped drinking mugs.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/08/2012 18:00  

anything i ate at squires whilst there camping for five days was o.k., and i tried most things ,favourite was cumberland sausages in yorkshire puddy with gravy,stuck in the beard a treat,some things a bit dear,but it's a business not a club.overall 7/10

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/08/2012 19:02  

Otley bridge cafe is miles better and around half the price-If I'm going to Squires for a sunday run I go via Otley for a fry up first. Squires food ok but nothing special,the coffee is fine! As Jinx says its a business not a bike club,most peeps go there for the atmosphere not the food anyway. I would say if it doesn't get trade it won't keep going but they must make plenty of money with the number of people there on an evening/weekend buying coffees and pasties!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 24/08/2012 14:18  

I went there for the 1st time a few weeks ago on my way to he lake district, had the big breakfast, everything red hot cooked well and tasted good, filled me up and all for a fiver.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 24/08/2012 20:04  

To be honest Ive never had a problem at Squires in all the years Ive been going...put I tend to have the pasties...yummy!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2012 20:44  

Squires don't cook the pasties Rose, they are bought in. Sweeney Todd, Squires breakfast is lovely except when the Rock and Bike Show was on, they precooked it and kept it warm, it looked bone dry and unappetising. I wasn't eating it, someone else was.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/08/2012 22:12  

I like Squires for the atmosphere, but the food can be iffy. Not eaten there for years though.

Usually stick with a chocolate bar and the stewed dishwater they call tea - tastes bad cos I drink it without milk. Really must have coffee in future, might taste better.

All in all, I think in some ways Squires is worse than when it was in the village, but it was villagers complaining that ended up with it being moved. That used to be an awesome site. What seemed like thousands of bikes parked all over the village. Bet the shops lost a lot of customers, when it moved.

At least now,you can hold rallies at Squires, and get parked when you visit, so that's better.

Update Reply
Barbara @ 27/08/2012 20:41  

Never had a problem with breakfasts there, except black pudding as I hate the stuff and usually give that to Guzzi. Saying that I can eat pretty much anything with out problems, years of training eating crap

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 28/08/2012 08:01  

Lord help you when Annette (wife) reads that!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2012 09:55  

Not her, she doesn't do any cooking, I do it all. The crap food was from years at boarding school

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 28/08/2012 22:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email