MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What makes a Biker?

What makes a Biker? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] What makes a Biker? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What makes a Biker?

In the 60's we were refereed to as rockers and it then became greasers into the 70's. I don't remember anyone who rode a motorbike differentiating between types of rider except the mods on their scooters. Half of my mates were rockers and the other half were mods. We all new each other but would only ever meet up at certain places which were common ground. The greasy spoon cafés were very much a no no for the mods and we kept away from Wimpy bars. It is a by gone era and for me those days are gone, great fun at the time. The term biker was never used then and I am not sure when it really started. As to choice of clothing, wear what you feel comfortable and safe in and except what others want to wear. I do know that people who ride motorbikes seem to have what I can only decibel as a brotherly/sisterly way with each other. You may be riding alone at times, but you are never alone when out on your motorbike. Another rider will always approach you and talk and not necessarily about bikes. There is more often than not someone willing to help. When I was out on Sunday I got a nod and a thumbs up from a motorcycle cop, which I thought was brilliant. What more could I say, people who ride motorbikes are a great bunch of people

Update Reply
davidneale @ 16/07/2012 17:01  

doesnt matter what you ride u can have fun on either.just go faster on others as 2 what they wear yes you get some wearing matching everything and do look like power rangers but there probably the ones with the best protection.however my m8 is one of these such people and wont get his bike out if theres a cloud in the sky.io love bikes and been riding for 25 years but dont go race meetings ect coz i prefer to ride my own i class myself as a biker

Update Reply
shaunzx10r @ 17/07/2012 15:29  

a good biker is the one how helps out harley bikers iv got the nuts and bolts for you kati

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 18/07/2012 15:47  

Cheekie chops Mr Jimsie - nothing has fell off in ages In my humble opinion a biker is a person who has a passion for riding motorbikes and enjoys the company of like minded folk - simples ps there is no right or wrong answer to this though

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 18/07/2012 17:29  

This thread gets started time and time again. the last time if i recall it got a bit heated. The term biker has in some peoples minds been highjacked by those that apparently are living a lifestyle of standing around in feilds with pewter tankards strapped to there belts telling everyone how good it all was in the seventies and sixties. if any one asks me i allways just say i'm a biker. simply becouse its easier than saying motorcyclist. i am someone that rides a motorcycle which to me is a biker. The term i like best was heard while we were in wales. A couple of seniopr citizens were heard saying to one another when spotting mad mick discribing him as one of those "motorcycle enthusiasts". so yea i'm a motorcycle enthusiast.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/07/2012 17:48  

Good to see you finally got it in the appropriate thread Blues An yeah, I'm one o those too Among other things

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/07/2012 18:00  

Bluesbiker, you have it spot on in my opinion. I think my Qustion is answered by all that have replied. Thanks to you all. A lot of Adult replies, I'm impressed! Still don't know what I am though

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 18/07/2012 19:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email