MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What makes a Biker?

What makes a Biker? - Forums [Biker Match] What makes a Biker? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What makes a Biker?

Hi All, I've done various searches on this site to get some info on what makes a Biker and What is the make up of a Biker? I've ridden bikes for 32 years in all weathers including deep snow on large bikes so don't class my self as a fair weather biker (didn't bother with a car until I was 33). But now I'm 48 I avoid snow on the bike and don't mind getting caught out in the rain but get no pleasure from going out in it unless I have to. I like cars as well, I've owned sports cars and I work for an F1 Team, I don't have long hair or wear patches, and I don't get enthusiatic about Harleys but would rather own a Harley than a Car... So.. Am I a 'Motorcyclist' or a 'Biker' or both..or neither Awaiting flack

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 12/07/2012 08:00  

Hi Tel The only flack you'll be getting from me is this topic has been covered a zillion times, several times on B M, lol My definition of a motorcyclist/ biker = someone who rides a bike

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 08:06  

biker = shouldnt have to ask
motorcyclist= power ranger who puts more importance in what he rides,wears and what everyone else thinks.oooh look at me i ride a big bike
being a biker is about whats inside when you ride and what you ride does not come into it.i have ridden for 34yrs and im a biker to the core.its who i am lol

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/07/2012 08:13  

Sandi, sorry it has been covered so many times and your someone who rides a bike comment is what I was hoping the answer would be. but zzrbabe42 your comment is exctly why I asked 'motorcyclist= power ranger who puts more importance in what he rides,wears and what everyone else thinks.oooh' When I raced I would wear 'Power ranger' gear for protection and would look like everyone else, and I would ride what I wanted and what I could afford that could go as fast as I could ride it, so I'm a Motorcyclist, bugger I'm on the wrong site! Strange thing is on the flip side, If I go to a rally I can see a row of more expensive and far more posey 'look at me' bikes ridden by guys who are all dressed the same, in gear with no protection because it 'looks cooler' than having leathers (in the circle they follow) and they ride in the belief that they are too good to need protection, and it ain't going to happen to them. But good on them I say! So my Question has been answered already (and so fast), thanks. Mods can now delete if they wish

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 12/07/2012 08:42  

hey tel you know in your heart hun if your a biker or a power ranger motorcyclists are the type you talk about its all about look at me im cool.ive seen peeps riding busas in shorts etc etc etc this is why theyre not bikers cos they dont get what can happen although to be honest i very rarely wear leathers etc personal chioce hun personal choice if you feel in you that your a biker dont let anyone tell you different

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/07/2012 08:47  

The word 'biker' is just slang for the word 'motorcyclist' so doesn't that make them the same thing? No need for deletion Tel, the other topics are quite old so may have already been deleted/archived.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 09:10  

What Makes A Biker?
By: Bob Bryant
“What makes a biker” I was asked
By a young man late one night
He said he was gonna be one
He said “I wanna do it right”
I think I busted his little bubble
When I let out a big laugh
I told him “ Son it’s all about the man”
I can’t say there’s a certain path
I told him clothes and many bucks
Can get your ass on a scoot
But I told him that won’t make you a biker
Even accessorized with steel toed boots
Every biker that I know
Carries a certain pride inside
It’s a feeling about a life
A feeling that he can’t hide
It’s not about that you own a bike
Not riding just to be seen
It’s more about a feeling within
Anyone can wear t shirts and jeans
Even a biker can clean up pretty good
Hell they can even show grace
But you can tell a righteous brother
Just by the look on his face
A true biker won’t change his ways
To fit a situation at hand
He’ll handle it just being himself
Even if it pisses off other men
Every biker I know will stand his ground
He won’t back down from no one
If you ever cross him to bad
You better step up or run
Most of them don’t have a lot to say
They don’t talk just to be heard
Many of them can get to the point
Spitting out very few words
A biker doesn’t have to run with the crowd
Just because the crowd is there
You’ll never see him any happier
Than when the winds blowing through his hair
A biker won’t shoot you lies
Tell you what you want to hear
He’ll shoot it to you good and straight
If you don’t like he won’t care
A biker will take care of his own
Be it his family or his friends
He’s the one you want on your side
When any kind of trouble sets in
A lot of bikers believe in God
They know God believes in them
They’ll talk to him as they ride
Thank him for the caressing winds
“So you see” I told him
I can’t tell you a biker you’ll be
Just get on a bike and be true to yourself
The rest will work out
“You’ll See”

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/07/2012 09:40  

'A biker doesn’t have to run with the crowdJust because the crowd is there' That's me then, as I'm a loner (or some would say Billy no mates).

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 12/07/2012 10:27  

You can't be BNM, you're on BM

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 10:30  

you got a site full of mates tel just need to get out there and say hell o to them and get youre arse to the rallies and runs mate

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/07/2012 10:40  

correct me if im wrong it should it not be ,what makes a motorcyclist,
dont you think ????? biker could be anything on two wheels, or your short sugestions please.........

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 12/07/2012 12:41  

not even going to get drawn into this,no siree.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/07/2012 14:42  

NorthLondon A bike without a motor is known as a pedal cycle, also bicycle and not bike as in motorbike aka motorcycle

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 16:04  

Tel,beat ya by 13 years but had more FUN in last month running round with BM than I've had for ages!! Tonight I don't know whether to go to Vic at Coalville (40+ miles) or Raven,nr Whitchurch. Roads are dry,bikes ready,spoilt fer choice! Just look at events,find sommatt yer fancy,jump on bike and go everybody is great,remember a stranger is only a friend you haven't met.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2012 17:37  

This question is a HUGE can of worms that should never be opened. If you are one you know it.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 12/07/2012 17:41  

i concur,gloom.nuff said

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/07/2012 19:52  

gloom

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2012 20:53  

???

Update Reply
Emzed @ 12/07/2012 20:58  

Viking tel you sad individual call your self a bike ......pmsl

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 13/07/2012 09:11  

I've come to the conclusion from the posts that you are what you want to be! I think I've earned my Wings as a rider of Motorcycles and that is all that matters, the Title don't matter.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 13/07/2012 09:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email