MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Charity do for little dogs

Charity do for little dogs - Forums [Biker Match] Charity do for little dogs - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Charity do for little dogs

I'm wanting to do something to help a local rescue kennels in Durham. Check out their website on www.strayaction.com. Particularly the desperately sad link. I've already got one dog from them and will be taking another one in on wed. Any ideas will be gratefully recieved. I'm thinking maybe a coast to coast ride but how will that raise money?

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 25/06/2012 07:54  

You could ask for an "Enrolement Fee" say.. £5 You could have a raffle on the day.. although not a a Pup as the Prize.. we could donate the Raffle Prizes and the Centre could donate something too.. although.. not a Pup You could have someone with a "Bucket" walking through the crowds wherever we stop...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/06/2012 08:15  

Get folks to donate items. Flog them on Ebay, and give the dosh to the charity.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 09:36  

Not a very bikerey (is that a word?) thing though xk.

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 25/06/2012 21:36  

I don't suppose the charity will mind, Tim. Or maybe just make the items biker related.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 21:51  

does the place need 'stuff' as well as money? we have a ride in up here to the local hedgehog rescue place and people are asked to bring cat food, kitchen rolls, towels and stuff that the rescue centre needs.. the centre provides a cup of tea and a cake on arrival, we have a nice bimble through the countryside, and the hedgepigs get fed!
maybe something like that?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 21:58  

No ideas off hand but my border collie came from the place I think your talking about. I couldn't actually get your link to work, is this the place? http://strayaction.com/viewpage.php?page_id=3 Well worth supporting so if you come up with any ideas and want a hand get in touch

Update Reply
centurion @ 25/06/2012 22:17  

Good for you Tim, raising the profile for abused animals. A just cause indeed. Keep us posted as to any money raising events, I'll support you

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 25/06/2012 23:25  

I like Niels idea.. and no it wasn't just the word "hedgehog" that piqued my interest.. although I did have one as a pet when I was little before he came to a very very tragic end... There are Easter Egg Runs.. they prove themselves year after year.. the Hedgehog Run works for Neil and his prickly friends... So with enough advertising on here and at the Dog Shelter.. perhaps a call to the local press when if/it's organised.. and it could be just the thing... Raising Awareness.. Funding and Free Meals with every donated tin for the wee pups...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/06/2012 23:34  

There you go...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/06/2012 23:39  

This has gone too far down the list.

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 26/06/2012 18:28  

Nice one Tim. For those that don't know him, Tim is the guy in the red baseball cap with Bonnie on his lap http://strayaction.com/viewpage.php?page_id=6

Update Reply
centurion @ 04/07/2012 21:12  

you would need a licence to do a bucket collection

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 04/07/2012 22:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email