MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Is it me???

Is it me??? - Forums [Biker Match] Is it me??? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Is it me???

So it's Saturday afternoon, sat on laptop perusing the internet and listening to some tunage, generally chillin.
So I thought I'd have a specific national scan through the Bikermatch match site and see who pops up, as not done that before.

Never mind anything else, what stands out is the number of people that are on a "biker" site that are "just looking for pillion". that don't own a bike, have never owned a bike and have no intention of owning a bike.

Is it me or have I miss understood the "Bikermatch" title?

Just a lighthearted rant...... sorry ;)

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 16:47  

its for anyone interested in bikes so can mean all of that but sometimes people start out without a bike and then get a bike so we encouraging peeps to join the riders :)

some bikers are looking for pillion, partners as well

but i get your drift lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 17:00  

no its them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 17:03  

lol steve maybe it is

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 17:13  

Just there seems to be loads and loads, at least two thirds of the search I did came up no bike etc...

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 17:26  

There's all kinda reasons why T'surf - mine being that my dear old ex NICKED MINE AND SOLD IT!!!!!!*$*!%!~!@!*

Now, due to health reasons, it's really difficult for me to handle a bike.......... except on good days, which work out at around 8 per year when I then borrow a mates and go off hoolying down the road!!!

So count yourself to be a lucky, lucky man....... you're surrounded by peeps from all walks of life - we all love bikes...... end of!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 17:37  

I can appreciate that, between bikes, broken, can't afford etc.. It happens, probably happen to me soon ad well...
But for a chap or chapess looking for someone to go for a ride with, it norrows the field right down.

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 18:01  

yep

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 18:04  

The clue is in the word 'biker', I haven't seen anywhere on this site that say's you must own or ride a bike. The one thing we all have in common is the love of bikes, be it as the rider or the pillon, which to me, tells me, we are all like minded on one thing. I no longer ride as after an accident, I have lost my confidence. My Grandfather, Father and 3 brothers all have had bikes, I have grown up with bikes, but now that I don't ride and am happy to be a pilly, you think I shouldn't be on a biker site? Now does that make me less of a biker than you...........I think not!!! Just a lighthearted answer :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 18:15  

no we all bikers :) and i have met a lot of people I would not have met if only people with bikes could be on the site lol so it all adds to the diversity and variety :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 18:19  

How many people have I talked to who have said 'I used to ride but then I got married'...........or........... 'Now I'm divorced, I've come back to my first love, BIKES'.......This should tell us something...... This site is a great way to meet like minded people

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 18:29  

yes it is definitely I didn't start proper til the meaning if life hit me, divorced and getting my life back lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 18:32  

Its nothing to do with who should and shouldn't be on a site, and if your read my profile you would see I do not call myself a "biker" thats not what was said. My point is that my search came up with hardly anyone who rides a bike, and hadn't visited the site for sometime as well.
So its harder than I though to find people near me that ride a bike, as that is what I want. Simples

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 18:34  

Rather than using the search facility you might be better browsing the users currently online, that will obviously filter out none-active members and from the quick browse I've just conducted shows a FAR higher percentage of bike owners than the figure you've quoted from a general search

Update Reply
centurion @ 02/06/2012 18:42  

So on your search, how many males in your search area, do/don't have bikes?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 18:43  

Bollox, I'm using my phone and just nodded at someone by accident, buttons to small and fingers to big i can't see who lol

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 18:43  

But the search narrows down what I want though, I could spend hours browsing, but I don't have time you see.

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 18:48  

So do a search on only members that have been on the site in the last 7 days, or in the last month, that will still filter out none-active members

Update Reply
centurion @ 02/06/2012 18:51  

don't you just hate it when you do that........the number of times I've viewed someone by accident

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 18:54  

For gods sake I've just done it again, stupid phone..... yes centurion I've just done what you said, didn't realise that button was there ;)

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 02/06/2012 19:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email